$ 2,500 for 26-year-old "cramps" or The Tale of volvulus

After Belarusians dream about good and cheap car crashed on improving customs clearance, the market "beushki" simply twisted. In order for any 20-year-old "korchvagen", which by European standards is the place in a landfill, the amount requested from the three zero dollars ?! "This is a joke! Where hidden camera ?! "- said a resident to Germany. But it is a reality! The harsh reality of the Belarusian life.

When a friend of mine boasted that he bought a diesel Golf, I jumped in my car and rushed him to watch "new thing." Scroll in mind the nuances of the recent purchase of another edition of our "second» Golf in very good condition for its age for a thousand dollars, I pretend to be, "about what" might "get" this acquisition and how much I personally would buy it. Well ... Okay, $ 700, $ 900, but the car 26 years, diesel, mileage, probably, look scary ...

25 photos

Our first encounter with "freshly bought» VW Golf was held without witnesses. "Tired" and painted something as a body, bald tires, door handles with the inscription Samara, pieces of iron rivets in the area of ​​the rear bumper, torn and hastily sewn seat ... What else to expect from the car in such a ripe old age ?!

My first question was predictable:

- What gave?

- Oh, okay ...

- Normal - this is how much?

- $ 2,500.

When I heard began to move uncertainly and even a little sideways as of spawning salmon. "Dvepitstsot" for it ?!

World has gone mad. About two years ago as part of an editorial experiment, we were trying to sell my slightly broken Fiat Bravo 2001 onwards Then Brotherhood "outbid" excitedly told that the price of the red car on market day (provided that it will be repaired) - "three rubles," and "cue" picked up for $ 2,000. It is clear that Fiat did not VW, «Italians" we have not to do not favor, even a little afraid, but on the basis of age, and complete ... At that time it was 10 yrs with the best in the line 1, 6-liter gasoline engine coated body, air-conditioning, full power of good with two sets of wheels on wheels! In light of this information, $ 2,500 for a pensioner German brand I found an incredible amount. But, as we can see, our people are ready to pay for Volkswagen, and pay a lot.

Could not help thinking that for the money machine must be "ideally". Appearance, of course, is not the main indicator, but I wanted a miracle even in the form of excellent technical condition. Still, for something the person asking $ 2,500, something he argued it!

And we rush to the service station where the brand is officially my other good friend agreed to make the diagnosis. Waiting for a miracle was in vain.

- Left front bearing - Ales, silent blocks of both arms - kaput, right steering tip - there, rocker gearshift broken, the rear wheel - banana, rubber - in the trash, but, yes, alloy wheels - credit, - says Sergey. - Brake tubes are fixed bad, anticorrosive made themselves painted, apparently recently, maybe even this year, winter still runs away, then everything will come out to the outside. How much money?

- Two and a half.

- Seriously?

- Over.

- Vehicle - to "C grade" on a 5-point scale. To really looked after him - I will not say this. Diesel? Well, everything is clear. $ 1,800 - and not a cent more.

So once again confirmed the theory that the appearance is closely related to the technical condition. But the good old Golf that the elimination of these problems does not require a mechanic sales last shirt. This, among other things, and fills the price of old machines - unlike today, they are simple, maintainable, and parts cost a penny. Rot? But that does not rot? God forbid any modern novelty in more than 20 years to keep at least the same.

With food station to another friend, the master of body affairs. Food has carefully because now I know that is not buzzing winter bald tires. Start the car is not the first time, an acquaintance said that with the diesel fuel draws the air. Until 4th transfer switch even with the effort, but passable. Fifth "I stick" at random. Across. The engine pulls and at low speeds. They looked at the dashboard - painfully annoying trembling speedometer. It turns out that the range of measurement to 370 thousand. Km. How many years ago - only God knows.

Summary of body Goldsmiths was a revelation:

- It cost $ 1,500. Should seriously alarm the past I do not see the whole glasses, as well as a car for 26 years - that want from the body ... What engine?

- 1.6 turbodiesel.

- Good motor. I stood on a Jetta, "one million." "Eats" whatever is on. Who took?

- At LA

- Ah, well, then $ 2,000. L. in motors "fumbles" no questions. Incidentally, it is this Golf five years ago for the same amount sold.

When there was a customs union, and went the entire topic with customs clearance, won, it turns out, not those who wanted to sell expensive "pass" on the Russian car. In the end, "with profits" were those who at one time "invested" in the purchase of such cars as the Passat, Golf, Audi 80 and the like. "Profit" These, however, can not be called fabulous, but the fact remains. Directions and several years to sell more than take - until recently it was the norm for Belarus. Now it is the prerogative of the elite. And elect not become the good old "premium". In a country where "all of pitstsot" most only dream ball is ruled by other principles, other mechanisms work perfectly. What is already talk that even where the Ring ends, people have different ideals. Motor "otkapitalen 'body there? All it takes! Even for 2500. And to find better ?! At a time when no one knows the appropriate price, not the fact that there are blotted convince seller to lose just because "is not worth the 26-year-old machine that kind of money ...».

- Belarusians have just some volvulus about VW, Audi, - concludes with a reflection on the situation "beushkoy" in the country as a whole and on the advisability of purchasing Golf in particular our lead heading "Business Technology" Sergei Boyarsky. - Now there is simply nothing to take. All or not completely reliable or expensive to maintain. The demand for such cars as the Golf, has always been. In the current circumstances, it widened further, and this affects the price. In 1998 I bought the Golf 1980, "aspirated" for $ 1,100. Departure on it for five and a half years, put it up for sale for 750. The car was not in very good condition, but it is "live". Then I do friends say that for the price I have no one will buy. The first caller to declare a person took and was very pleased.

Of course, the risk of the buyer diesel years - nobody knows what it poured as passed. But what good this 1.6 turbo, it's the fact that it is very simple, frugal fuel quality, fairly reliable and well-adapted to our conditions. The only weak spot - the turbine, its presence increases the likelihood of problems. Sam the engine can "sort out" forever, everything changes. I do not even know what was going to happen, there is a need to change it entirely. Here is the secret of, and justification of pricing.

The tray is wet, silent blocks' walk. " To bring the car to a decent state, will have to work

Corrosion rushing everywhere. What to do - age!

Security - I do not get enough attention from others. Hug me and sundry ... Belts do not curl back

Inside, there was not a single detail that pleased would be perfect or even close to good condition

"Planted" on the wire grille is not the most striking proof of the fact that this car is almost all done with their own hands

The biggest waste closer to winter will buy rubber - current general worthless

Hook in the village was the main item in the car

In the old Golf mirrors are arranged so unusual that at first difficult to evaluate the environmental situation

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting