How do the call center went to work.

Everybody hello.

As many have noted - in Volgograd began to open call centers actually translated from the capitals. And this is understandable - for the money that you have to pay one simple worker in the capital - we can hire these employees a beam.

I went to one of these centers for employment.

What promised: Support Engineer, working hours per day after three and salary 25000.
And if by itself CP can still be controversial, in conjunction with the schedule of work for me personally, it has become very attractive.

In short - attracted went.

First of all offered tests.
Expecting the very unnecessary in practice semiurovney questions about the OSI model, I get a grasp of the job ... and wondered for the first time.
What I was living conductor has greater resistance - 1 square millimeters or 0, 1 square millimeters?
You have two 2 ohm resistor - how to get the resistance of 1 k?
So the question that just killed: What is power at the outlet of the houses?
Apparently it was a matter of high complexity, since it, unlike the previous ones, were offered possible answers, the right of which it was necessary to emphasize that 12 volts, 20 volts, 220 volts.

Without detracting from the surprise, is still asked - and that, come the people who drop out on such issues?
And was even more amazing than the questions themselves, the answer is that the essence of the test - not sifting applicants and determine their level of training in order to understand - any of the future engineers need to "brush up».

After passing the test by presenting a diploma of secondary technical education in the specialty "Electrical Technician" and consolidate the results of the demonstration of the work book with a record of five years of experience in this specialty - I was assured that I will soon be called back.

And what's interesting - not deceived. Chimes and solemnly invited to work.

While waiting for the start of work - I continued to be interested in the essence of the work.
And I answered - you will need to solve problems with equipment users. To do this, you will have everything - documents, access to the sites of producers will be given all-all-all the equipment, which will have to work (fortunately there are not very many names) and still be stand where you can always assemble a working scheme either to study the work, or to simulate the fault for its subsequent localization.

In short - a paradise for the engineer.

The first doubts crept in at the moment, when we (the applicants in heaven happy) today announced that it will be necessary to be trained "to standardize the general level."
Second doubt crept in after reading the list of subjects: customer focus, technology, sales, regulations, and other's. The subject of "machinery and equipment" held in the course of 15 per cent, not more.

The question - when will we acquaint with the order for a job, which will be available cherished figure salary - together responsible "nuuuu ... need to first get training ....»

No question - passed. Honestly - I have lost a week of time. I asked the same question about the order and number. And get an answer "... Nuuu would first have to pass the test ...».

No question, handed (I personally was in fourth place out of twenty), asked the same question. And get an answer "Nuuu ... it would be necessary first to get started ...»

No problem - started. Again, I asked a question about the order and number. And I received an amazing response in its simplicity, "the engineer can be a person with good technical knowledge and pronounced leadership qualities. And we are here among you clear leaders somehow not seen. Therefore, all of you will work as long as operators. Over 20,000 And in 12-hour shifts - two a day, two days off, two night, two days off. You, by the way, you come out in the next two nights, mind you. " - "And you can then even used to leave early today to rest before two nights?" - I asked. - "And you'd better not think about the rest, and how to better understand the technology, which will have to work" - answered me.
"Speaking of the art" - I said - "Where is the promised instruction, equipment benches?" - "Everything will be" - answered me.

As an advocate of failure and sudden rash decisions - and going out into the night. In-sense - the night shift. Exactly at 20:00 according to the commandment of the higher power for me.

Impressions were unforgettable - the operator's seat, stiff and uncomfortable headset, a computer workstation cut all rights.
Instructions for equipment - 30 percent of the necessary, the promise of access to the sites of producers is not used in the database for each movement of the mouse draws an hourglass for 3-5 seconds, use a soft phone does not accept incoming calls from the outside, but can call on the local (intranet ) numbers, while identifying a completely different number. I mean, I dialed the number of his colleagues - he determined my number 1234. He calls on the 1234 - the phone is not available. But it turned out that my phone is available if dial 1355.
At the same time his phone call to a cell, it is necessary to dial a 10-digit number, and to a mine on the same number - it is necessary to dial 98 before the number
And as the apotheosis - when you try to open the available documentation - obtain It failed because they do not have the required software.

In short - work, guys. Labour you success.

Needless to say that the promise of the equipment "in kind", as well as any of stands was all the more.

Saved by the fact that on the first night there was no call. At all. Otherwise I would have such natehpodderzhal - very scary.

Work on the night immediately after the day in the absence of calls was unforgettable - already two o'clock in the morning the head, feels weighed somewhere in the half-ton. 4 hours to her weight exceeded already somewhere a ton and a half. Last time I remember, it was 5:15. When he came to - head lying next to the table on a soft and comfortable keyboard, and the clock was about 6.

... Somewhere around half of the ninth in the morning, somewhere in our city from one of the nondescript building shuffling, trying to find something in the air, came two bodies ... And after a while, and never regained consciousness, these two bodies disappeared in the morning mist ...

At home I was 10. Leaving the house to connect with the soul and the body have already become native spent night after co-working space I had about 18. Maybe I just do not know any secrets - but no sleep or simply relax in these 8 noisy daytime hours - I could not.

But as they say, with all the richness of choice - and nowhere to go.
And exactly at 20:00, I was ready to fulfill their duties in a very Funny condition - did not drink, but the feeling - like a little drunk - everything floats around and poorly focused.

On the second night I cut down against my will have about three o'clock in the morning, and it lasted for about an off state and a half hours. And about half an hour before this shutdown had the feeling that in the back pumped under pressure a couple of liters of lead and he (neck) are now burst like a balloon pumped.

But it passes and then, finally, I got a shock and after the second night shift home.
On the road in the bus showed a funny cartoon of bright colored balls, all the time I was trying to follow the plot, but did not understand - he married her.

I woke up that day at about 20:00.
The thoughts were clear, bright mind, and life seemed wonderful.
At 22:00, when normal people are starting to get ready for bed - I was happy and well. At 24:00 - even better. By two o'clock in the morning joy passed, and "good" - no sleep and still did not want to. By 4 o'clock in the morning light came yawning and drowsiness, but five - both left without even saying goodbye. Finally, at 7 am, I realized - I am ready to go to sleep.

I woke up that day at about 15:00.
The thoughts were clear, bright mind, and life seemed wonderful.
In 22 not sleepy. And 24 is not desirable. And 2 would not be desirable. A 6 had to get up and go to the next, now daily 12:00.

But duty is duty, and at 8 am, I was changing, albeit with a sense of a lack of understanding of the situation - and the salary was not given what was promised and the work schedule has not justified hopes of possible occupations useful (and maybe even profitable) work outside of working hours .

Having formulated the idea - go to the boss, ask after the strict regime - after three hours.
Heard forced to go out and rerun an answer in order to understand - but if everything is correct, I understand. The answer would be: "We have thought and have decided that all of you here will be hard work for the day. We thought, and came to the conclusion that it is this graph that you are working with will be the most convenient for you ».

Sitting on the workplace - I looked at your work computer. The telephone does not work. Access to documents was not. Base hung.

He got up, walked to start the gods - the great and terrible, all-seeing and all-powerful, the Alpha and Omega of any enterprise - IT-administrators.
Those were fun and stared out the window at will, symbolized perfectly fulfilling its purpose GuglHromom.
 - And when will earn my workplace? - I humbly ask ...
 - But when will do - and then earn - clearly, distinctly and in the case said the gods.

Returning to the team, I was at the center of heated debate.
They discussed very interesting topic - is soon introduced a system of fines, especially in Moscow call center, which is transferred to our wilderness, all these penalties and are enforced. In particular, will be fined for being in working hours sat back (sort of a call center is broadcast 24 hours a day to the Internet with eight cameras and the type should work, and not pretend). Will be fined for reading newspapers or magazines, for the answer on a personal mobile phone, clothes that do not meet corporate standards.
Deciding poprikalyvatsya - I asked - and the toilet is also on the schedule have to go? And got very neprikolno answer is no - the schedule will not be absent from the workplace for any reason (including the) possible in the last five minutes of each hour.

Thinking about the eternal - again, I went to the computer. The telephone does not work. Access to documents was not.
I had to go again to the authorities.
 - It does not work - I reported briefly
 - What does not work? - Be attended by the heads
 - Nothing works. The phone does not work, the database does not work, there is no documentation.
 - I see - are you the only one who still do not like it! - Was got suddenly bosses
 - Oh, please forgive - I suddenly remembered - I have somehow forgotten that all these phones, base and documentation necessary to me personally for my personal and vile purposes.

I went out from the authorities in the state of enlightenment and with one thought - "What am I actually doing here?»
With this in mind, I came to the HR department and received their unspoiled fresh recordings work book. And went home.

By the way, the salary of this supertsivilizovannom call center - black.
And - yes - to me there is more for time worked and paid. At the rate of 900 rubles. 12-hour shift.

Podsmotrena here

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting