Dagestan wedding

At the end of our journey in Dagestan was able to walk on the coolest of all the wedding that I've ever seen.

There will be 28 images.
Next, writes Ivan Dementievsky

1. Local residents say that traditions are now made to celebrate the wedding in the city. Invited several hundred guests and walk on all cylinders. And even if the wedding is celebrated in the village, no longer trying to fulfill all the rules as it was before, even before there were automobiles and electricity. But somewhere converged stars, so much so that during my journey through the mountains here played a wedding exactly as it was before. Therefore, instead of well-deserved rest in Makhachkala last two days I have spent in the mountain village Balkhar. I enjoyed it, but I would add a number of torches, while the procession went through the narrow streets between houses - almost broke the legs of the stones, which there probably have thrown specifically to such as I did not go.

2. Before the wedding walked for three days, somewhere is still celebrated on the full program, starting to taste more brandy in the morning, while others reduced to two. Does not matter. I arrived at the most interesting events that start just in the evening. The village has a gorgeous meadow at the top of the village. Better place to celebrate not come up around vistas of the meadows, the mountains and the sky. I would here also said the wedding.

3. Next to us.

4. A line of women brings a dowry to the bride (the house of the groom). Now dowry often transported by cars, but it does not look so beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.

5. Carry all sorts of carpets, blankets, pots, caskets - in short everything that can be useful in the economy. Of course, there are also jewelry and money.

6. All brought by the newlyweds put in the room. And now everyone is waiting for when to begin the most important thing. And most importantly - a procession through the village the night with torches (not because it is necessary to illuminate the road, but because it did earlier) from the house of the groom to the bride.

7. We had to wait two hours. As to kill time, we all gathered in the backyard, and the music came the musicians began dancing.

8. But torchbearers started to fuss, so soon will be a parade. From home made several torches. Torch - a tin can, within which dung, abundantly poured kerosene. All this is set on fire, and voila, you can start!

9. Trying not to fall, I had come with a crowd of happy men, shouting and whistling accompanied the groom. Looking at the ceremony, I was not feeling that I was in the Middle Ages. Anyone who wants to experience the like, I recommend to visit these lands until such traditions are still alive.

10. This seemed to the bride's house. Thank God, walk through the dark streets had little.

11. We were greeted as heroes. Near the entrance to the house probably has a whole village, not overcrowded.

12. After that, everything just right, boys, girls left. The girls are going to sit in a room where the bride and the guys at the table. From the table every now and then unroll cheers and toasts, but the most interesting thing happened at the girls. Dress up the bride.

13. As a result, the bride with her head covered and now it will move only with the help of two friends that it is always there.

14. In the room brought a special lamp, this is for friends of the bride, to light the way.

15. All brides are ready to go.

16. And at the bottom, in the yard smoke yoke.

17. Everyone is waiting for when the procession begins. And as usual, the wait is prolonged. Do not know, maybe the way it should, but in general, the bride is in no hurry.

18. They waited, the girls finally came out. Behind someone started throwing candy and down at the procession happened yet another crush, now of boys collecting candy. At this point, from the street I saw a strong reflections, at first thought that the neighbors started a fire, but no. It began to build fires.

19. Fires bred residents of homes passed by the bride. And throw quickly if they have a good relationship with the house of the groom and the bride. Fire is the wish of well-being. If the fire is not mapped, it means that between houses / families, there are serious disagreements.

20. For the bride was a large crowd. Crush such that I did not dare to be in the thick of the guys pushing each other, and it is probably also part of the ritual.

21. The procession reached the groom's house, where the bride entered. There she must pass another test, rolled into the room bread. I did not make its way back and remove the process.

22. The next day, after a long and stormy night, residents gather again. Two hours, not before. By clearing slowly drained out of the house and the people of the bride and groom flowing string of relatives with food and drink.

23. Again, go ahead grandmother and one with a tambourine. They sing and lead the people to the bride. It is a new dress but it is still her best friend.

24. In a clearing probably going the whole village. For all the time, until the people rejoiced, dancing and toasts the bride dancing three dances.

26. The rest of the non-stop music playing, and someone dancing in the center of the circle.

27. And now the hardest part. It is to sit down and be able to get out. Do not treat yourself at the wedding - so offend the hosts. If you sit down at the same table, the hospitable neighbors impose and poured so much that to cope with so much food to one is unrealistic.

28. In fact, on such holidays have to come ahead and leave when they end, but I was on a plane the next day early in the morning, and like it or not, but I had to politely refuse refreshments and leave. On the way we stopped off at the pass to make a couple of shots. Beautiful nature here!

It is the last photo post.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting