Airsoft tanks "Abrams" M1A1

At the time, I was interested in the project airsoft tank M1A1 "Abrams", which was built the workshop group "Combat" especially for the airsoft game "Battle for Manhattan." And today I saw a full report on its construction.

Will be 39 photos and text.

Next, the text will be published on behalf of Vladimir (chief master MG "Combat»)

The history and the process of creating airsoft tank Abrams A1M1

The idea with the tank I had a long time ago. The only thing I was thinking how to do this because the caterpillar technique rather expensive lesson.

As the basis of the MT LB was chosen because with drawings and dimensions that I found on the net, it fits well enough under the tower Abrams. That is, it is about the same height as the platform itself Abrams tracked without a tower.

As Abrams tank drawings of course not find - I bought a model MTLB and Abrams on a scale of 1:35. Helped raise Andrei (Chel).

I roughly calculated that the MT LB easy enough to fit under the framework Abrams. MT LB certainly already a bit shorter than the Abrams. MT LB shestikatkovy and Abrams semikatkovy.

Offset this deficiency, I decided with the help of a set of broad tracks to the MT LB. With him the MT LB has become more like a tank and has acquired in width plus twenty centimeters. For more resemblance to the rear roller MT LB, we have built up a flat star, which is at Abrams. The fact that Abrams sprocket driving, while the MT LB chainring lead. The case we also bodywork extensions, and get enough it seems.

Then I found the guys who are engaged kvadratsyklami and snowmobiles. They are just doing all these body kits, arcs, amplifiers, protection. These guys took up this challenging project. A lot of what they have done from scratch.

Abrams have no drawings or on the Internet or in other accessible places. All sizes have to shoot straight from the plastic models in 1:35 scale and the actual size. Details were cut from metal, to try on, fine-tuned. Angles connection parts it was impossible to measure in advance, all customized by experience with each individual piece.

Quite difficult to get the mechanism of turret assembly, as the tower is heavy and weighs one ton.

With a gun is the same story, the same mechanism is rather complicated, because the gun is also very difficult, given the lift lever gun that turns out about 800 kg.

Posted in [mergetime] 1380258563 [/ mergetime]
But the guys adequately coped with all tasks - Tower we rotate, gun raised.

Posted in [mergetime] 1380258590 [/ mergetime]

Of course, in order to move MTLB needed a review because everything is closed ahead. For the driver was organized overview of cameras. It was put 4 cameras, monitor, quad, and 4, respectively, the image displayed on a single monitor together or each image individually.

Thus a driver getting an overview of back and forth, from the tower top to bottom. And there is one camera for aiming weapons, which is located in the exchange machine gun next to the gun. Accordingly, we plan to further withdraw her tip guns. Arrange the crosshairs through the OSD, impose the image of range, speed, etc.

The gun in the future we have planned will fire and airsoft ammunition type TAG (by compressed air) and a laser pulse to destroy itself of such equipment or fortifications (on the basis of laser tag).

Airsoft ammunition for the guns.

In the first game, of course, this system does not show itself in all its glory, because it was our first experience with such a system, but we are actively cooperating with the developer, and I think it will improve the system and it will be quite efficient.

In addition, we plan to organize a shooting laser tag, which is located in the club "Stalker". Tyre will be a target Abrams sensors defeats and one RPG, so that people could come and train for free between games in the defeat of the art of the RPG.

Whoever certain number of times in a row will hit the target - can claim the patch rocket launcher. So what can we do grenade into classes - 1, 2, 3 classes - depending on whether he can hit a moving target several times for a static target.

Hopefully, it will be interesting and will help to understand the commander in chief to whom to issue the next time a set of anti-tank weapons. People with stripes can just form the backbone of anti-tank forces in airsoft game.

1:35 modelka Abrams as a result of the active use took quite a sad look, but it just shows that it was used in the making.

What is the cost of construction airsoft A1M1 Abrams tank?

I have questions about the cost of creating this layout Abrams. The fact that it is not cheap, of course, pleasure. MTLB itself (we bought it from the store), cost a half million rubles.

Mileage from her small, so we have not suffered from its repair and chassis - is a fully working machine. Ie We only deal with body kit and installation. The task was to make a removable (ie not welded to MTLB) kit so it can be removed from the machine and installed, for example, to another machine, if we go to another city.

Himself kit cost us about 800 thousand rubles. Ie in general, the project, with all there is video surveillance, sound emitatsii shots (because a tank were installed speakers and sabbufer to imitate the sound of the shot, he is not charged, for example a pyrotechnic charge) cost of 2, 5 million rubles.

This is a very serious project, and of course has serious demands on security and transportation. Before you repeat something like that - a few times think, it is not just.

via

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting