Pukhov maker Chris Maynard

The artist and biologist Chris Maynard works with feathers. He appreciates the artistic value of the bird's feather, and therefore wants to show people how beautiful it is.

Maynard himself an esthete, the picture is so delicate and airy. And the ideas for paintings from the pen refined and beautiful.

"In my work I seek to capture some of the miracle of freedom, what bird lives. I want my paintings to express this feeling ».

He is considered a virtuoso transformations. From one pen, he manages to create a whole flock of small birds. He calls himself "pen fanatic." In his house a heap of boxes and baskets of feathers. He buys feathers bird watchers, picks up in parks, receives a gift from friends and acquaintances, which, thanks to the passion, it becomes more and more. It is also important for Chris to find out who owned the feathers before leaving its owner-bird.

"Pen - a jewel. As there are no two identical fingerprints, so no two feathers. And every work is unique in its own way, even if I repeat it exactly ».

The feathers are curved and flat paintings do hurt when there is a wonderful opportunity to create three-dimensional.

Sometimes the artist is working day and night. Even at midnight, and Chris all sitting straightens almost invisible fluff feathers. No it does not help - he is a lone wolf. But the picture gradually became known in many countries.

Chris childhood fond of ornithology, but only began to create paintings in adulthood.

"Jewelry work delays and give her all my heart».

Maynard in the optical device of his father

Tags

See also

New and interesting