Gold Svaneti

Today, together with the wonderful Swan called Emo, we went to wash gold. Yes, just like that, down to the river and deposit a zolotishka!

Imagine a Georgian, no longer young man in his fifties who lives all his life in the village and is engaged in agriculture. What he Swann does not play a big deal, Svans, they are basically the same Georgians, like the rest of the Georgians. In general, paint a portrait of him himself, based on the already famous images taken from the stories, TV, newspapers, and just out of life. Presented? Surely get a colorful grandfather with a thick beard, his eyebrows, his face wrinkled and so on. Now imagine that his name Emo!
I can easily imagine what that name among some Japanese, but what would the Georgians with the same name?
When I was told that in the morning I will go for the emo and we go to wash gold, I was more impressed by the name, rather than the theme of the gold. I certainly agree))

In general, the history of this gold. It was mined here, and worked for many people. It was a time when the country was then still the Soviet Union, Stalin taxied. The village is alive another old man who remembers the time, but to talk to him failed. In general, as always, no one really does not say anything, because it's been a long time, but the fact that it was - the fact. Most likely, the Internet can find a detailed history of these places, and that there was a gold mining. It covers up the whole shop about the same time, when Stalin had left the light. After, say, some foreigners in our time, trying to build something, but did not work, unprofitable. Gold in these lands is not much work and costs a lot more. I suspect that under Stalin did not work because they needed the money, but because they did not have enough gold itself. However, I can be wrong.
Who washes the gold several families. It is their extra work, and it is important to note. Spring and summer are still in the fields, are grown beans, corn, kartoplyu ... Many animals, and it is necessary to prepare the hay. The work is complete. But in November, when the fields have nothing to do, you can go down to the river and pan zolotishka. Emo said that the dashing 90's, only at the expense of gold could hold. But now, the gold for their additional earnings.

Surely you ask how I am, how did the gold come true and how much does it cost? It just comes true, there is a buyer, he buys him. The price of gold also walks very much, everything depends on the particular customer, and perhaps on whether the nugget among the sand or just golden sand. Gold is not melted as find and rent.
Surely, I drove to the very empty place, I'm sure of it. Fish place, they will not be shown to anyone, and I would have done. But even on particularly dig the shore you can find gold, that would like to live. Not as new Georgians, but not vegetate 300 GEL (200 $).

1 Late in the morning, met with Emo. Early does not make sense, the river in the shade and still cold. Chasikov begin at 11, and may later, depending on the mood. The first thing I asked is not about the gold, but about the name. Emo was trying to remember his name full name, and I heard a few variations. I will lead them, because some even steeper. One thing is clear, its original name was reduced to Emo. The curiosity was satisfied, and we went through the fields and villages in the river.

2 on the way back, met an old man with two bulls. We met on the first day, when I heroically conquered a small hill and just spent the night there. He recognized me, we exchanged a few words and each went about his business. Zsolt more and more absorbed our attention with emo.

3 But first it was necessary to look to home Emo. I do not know why, I ate apples that here so full and enjoy nature. About I units is generally a separate topic - you go, I plucked a few and chew. They're all scared delicious, with a few common varieties. I think this is another reason why live here for many years, the apples are very useful, but they are here in such abundance. Even moonshine driven from apples.

4 I remembered about moonshine, yeah ... passed through the garden and the fence showed the same pepelats, which make this refreshing drink. Grandma diligently plastered with clay cracks and about, kindled the flame under a huge vat.

5 On the way, we meet with the words emo, elegant apple, and not a sin, he says, take advantage of it.
Peacefully cows grazed nearby playfully ran away a couple of apples fell on the grass and was immediately lapped up.

6 Before we go down to the river, emo says that it is here, in the old days a lot of digging. More visible where some traces of holes, and artificial channels for water supply. He told me there were many visitors, Russian, slept in their homes, as many as 20 people.

7 We are joined Emo brother, big brother. They will work together. Pull out of the bushes battered wooden tray and all accessories, in a couple of shovels, rags, and a board with the transverse beams.

8 design already very frayed and requires some fine-tuning. Then beat, knock there, and everything is perfectly workable.

9 Ready trough set at a stream that ran along the water to it and thus, washed rock. The principle is simple, gold is heavier and it settles on the bottom of the trough, and if it blows the water, it gets stuck at the end of which is attached to the board under the beams which are rags.

11 Before starting work, emo says, always praying.

12 When the prayer is finished, the work begins. Emo digs a pit, he wants to get to the layer in which, in his words there is gold. The pit is dug near the stone, and he explains that there often comes across the sand. His brother goes further along the shore and began to uproot plate rocks.

14 At first I did not understand why he was gaining in the bucket plate rocks. Not yet started the process of cleaning them from the sand. The sand is scraped into a bucket for further washing, rocks flying into the water.

15 As the bucket is filled, all the contents are poured into a trough with running water.

16 Like the fishermen, miners have had their stories and legends. I think you get that shows Murad?

17 Emo meanwhile digs and digs a hole, says that soon will reach the soil, which can be washed.

18 Emo is busy, Murad can not wait to start washing, and he takes the bucket and dials to breed.

19 Rinse the ...

20 And there is nothing ...

21 But there Emo said that you can have to wash, and the first portion of the rock flew into the gutter.

22 What you've seen. The guys have the trained eye to this matter. I've nothing never saw. By the way, when the sun, gold is easier to detect, but on this day it was not enough, and the men actually seeing nothing gained sand, maybe it will. But at the moment that it was very large. Emo made a face bud there sailed gold bullion)

23 Seeing then that either unrealistic, only then rinsing the sand. Heavy gold, on the theory settles first and lingers here.

24 The process is continued for another hour. Guys alternately dig a hole and throw sand in the trough. While one digs, second or looks, or clearing debris from the chute. The process could go on longer, but Emo says he will soon have to go home, to monitor the baby, all the rest will leave.

25 start dismantling the structure. Carefully, slowly. First, remove the chute that would stop tech water on it. Then take out the inner board. Rags with sand in the pan, and trough to wash, no matter what a grain of sand is not lost.

26 Thoroughly rinse a cloth on them in the ground and deposited gold.

27 Rinse the remaining sand.

29 And here's a little nugget, the same brilliance that saw the men.

30 scale.

31 miners in the camp becomes much more fun. And without interruption, emo continues to wash the sand. And finally announces the result. You see a few grains of gold, against a background of sand.

32. All the found gold, "poured" into the beaker and voila!

33 We're going to go emo, Murad swept the gold rush, and he remains on gold wash.

dementievskiy

Tags

See also

New and interesting