Schedule of Australia Christopher Haines

Christopher Haines - a young graphic artist from Australia who raised digital art to a new level. He works in a surrealistic manner at the intersection of 3D and photo, and the output is simply potryasayusche.

Interview with Christopher Haines

Let's start traditionally: Tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Christopher Haines, I'm a 20-year-old designer / digital artist from Perth, Australia. I am attracted to everything interesting in digital art and music. I work in a local studio, just doing freelance and am a team depthCORE.

Did you become enthusiastic design and illustration?

I drew all his childhood and was a fan of the Batman comics. It's clear that while I do not really draw, creativity ahead of technical skills. Most of the time I came up with some characters and painted them in school notebooks.

Later I met with Photoshop 5.0 and it was love at first sight. With the help of site deviantart.com I started to ship their work in a network, was wondering what others think about them. The ability to generate abstract shapes and manipulate them - was a godsend for me, and it allowed me to grow creatively.

What was your path from complete beginner in Photoshop to already recognized master?

I am glad that I have someone considered a master! Well, first of all - it's tedious, hard work over the years, and secondly, it is important to cook in this environment, to communicate in a variety of professional communities. There is nothing more effective than to put their work on display professionals who express their opinion. I have already mentioned DeviantArt, where I since 2004. So I joined the Oxygenetic, now it is a closed group of art.

This allowed me to communicate with other artists and simply expanded the boundaries of experimentation. Soon I joined depthCORE and have to thank these guys for what they had a hand to who I am today.

Where do you find inspiration for your work?

I'm inspired by different directions, which later melted into what you call my style. I try as much as possible to look around and constantly hunt for something interesting blogs and magazines.

Here and traditional artists and design of the old school. Also I'm interested in how to approach design in different ancient civilizations. I find it interesting to look at the work of "graphic designers" who lived many centuries ago. And, of course, communication can serve as a good source of inspiration.

So how does the resulting inspiration come to life? What is your usual workflow?

Workflow may vary depending on the type of work. If it is a commercial order and there is a deadline, I'm starting with the creation of conceptual sketches to understand in which direction to move further. A few paper sketches allow to determine the composition. Board with pinned notes and drafts - a handy thing, and it is constantly in my field of vision during

What tools are used in the work?

There are three main programs that I use. This Adobe Photoshop, Maxon Cinema 4d and Poser. Many pieces of my illustrations are created in Poser, there I model poses, body types according to the sketches drawn by me earlier. I then export the mesh in Cinema 4d, where he began to manipulate the figure by removing polygons, as well as adding new parts to it. Textures for figures created in Photoshop using photos and drawings.

The resulting render transferred into Photoshop, where already the real work begins. I build light, using a mix of photos, as well as drawing, to create a world around the figure. The whole process takes about 50 hours.

Do you think it is important for the designer is not limited to Photoshop, but to learn and 3D?

I find that the use of 3D in conjunction with a photo and drawing most effectively, on the other hand it is individual for each thing. Many people do a fantastic job limited to Photoshop.

I am sure that the development of 3D will help to open up new horizons in their work. It really gives you an opportunity to make any fantasy. I started to learn the basics in a program called Bryce. Now I prefer Cinema 4d, it is easy to use, has an intuitive interface. Going in the future to study Zbrush, to bring their work to a new level.

What advice can you give to those readers who are just starting their careers?

Beginners can advise never to stop there, all the time to move on. It's hard to resist the temptation to work within already found one style, but the ability to try new things will help you to expand your skill set.

More tips to follow the trends in marketing, brands, because it is your work will later serve as instruments of this marketing. Well, of course, have a lot of work to be seen.

Ok Chris, thank you for the interview very big, well push some final speech.

In conclusion I would say that if you want to succeed, you need to be focused on their work and invest in her passion. There are a lot of people who can give you good advice. The trick is that on the one hand you need to have versatile perception, and on the other - clearly understand what you want.

Author: Paulo Canabarro

Source: Abduzeedo.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting