Richard Gere exhibited his collection of guitars up for auction

Auction house Christie's October 11 put up for auction a collection of guitars owned by actor Richard Gere. In total, 110 lots will go under the hammer, including an extensive collection of American vintage guitars from such cult producers as CF Martin, Gibson, Fender, Gretsch and Epiphone, a number of electric guitar and the legendary guitar that belonged to Albert King, Peter and James D'Akuisto Toshu. The total estimate of the auction is about $ 1, 000, 000. Richard Gere in addition to his memorable role in the film, is also widely known as a capable musician - musical numbers with his participation were present in such films as "Club" Cotton "" and "Pretty Woman." Mr. Gere is interested in music from an early age, he received his musical education as a trumpeter and independently mastered the art of playing the piano and guitar. Special passion, Mr. Gere has for vintage American guitars - for the life he had collected quite an extensive collection. A large part of his tools for a long time was in his home and office and carefully protected from unauthorized attention until now. "I've always been in love with the guitar since childhood - said the actor. - They were my true friends in bad and good times. I never thought I was going collection, I just bought the tools that I liked, and those in which a pleasure to play. Some of them are particularly dear to me. Despite the fact that I was very sad to leave them - each of them I played and loved all of them - I am sure that they will bring the same joy to other people. Proceeds from the sale will be used to fund charitable endeavors throughout the world. "

Tags

See also

New and interesting