Old men do not necessarily treat

In the words of the author: My friend's mother lives in the suburban village. Last month, she became ill and fell in his room. Well, the grandson was at home, called "fast". They took her to the hospital, and that she was there the day the other week. And do not do it.

My friend decided to talk with your doctor: What did my mother, a diagnosis, how to treat? The doctor, a woman of about forty, was surprised: "You are what you want from me?»
- I want you mom examined, it found problems and appropriate medication discharged, - explained the relationship.
- In the seventy-eight years old? - The doctor said, and looked at her friend as the last fool.
- Well, so what if her seventy-eight years old? - Now surprised girlfriend.
- Nothing, - the doctor shrugged and ended the conversation tips: - Douhazhivayte.
"I just do not even understand what she meant - told a friend later with tears. - What does it mean douhazhivayte! »
"Douhazhivayte" - means that, if a person is seventy-eight years old, he is already in the country will neither examine nor treat. Can hold for the species in the hospital, please. Can some pills to give to just rid of him. But purposefully deal with his health - to look for problems and to select appropriate treatment - are not. Because age. Why mess around with it, it is still going to die.
In our province, an elderly man, ill, can only rely on the miraculous self-healing. But even if he does not live in the village, and in a big city medical centers, and children are willing to pay big money for it, it is still very little chance to recover. While in developed countries it with exactly the same disease is likely to put on their feet.
Because they treat the elderly. They are busy. Though too well aware that even cured, they will live long, five or ten, at best, and will not do over the years is no benefit either the economy or culture.

Why not throw them on the "douhazhivanie" as we?
Oddly enough, but mostly for pragmatic reasons. To working with them to learn how to prolong human life.
Because it is impossible to achieve the increase in life expectancy if left untreated elderly. Do not learn of their illness and to explore the possibilities of their organisms.
Elderly people in this sense, an invaluable material. Especially in our country, where they are generally very small.
We have people in the mass die before they reach old age. According to UN statistics, for 2013 the average life expectancy of Russians - 66 years. In Japan - 82, France - 81, Australia, Sweden, Switzerland, Iceland, Canada - 80, the US and the UK - 78.
For our country, 78-year-old patient - is a rarity. These patients should be treated as the great gifts of medical science. And we throw them in the trash: douhazhivayte.
Although demand the same doctor from the village hospital, if she wanted to live longer itself? Probably because to say what he wants. But where it will take is a little longer, if our medicine no experience treating the elderly? The day will come, and it will twist as well as mother of my girlfriend. And just as it will go to "douhazhivanie." And then it will go to the children. And then grandchildren.
In Japan, the average life expectancy by then will reach 100 years, in the US and the UK - to 90. But we'll keep in the XIX century. Douhazhivat.

Source: www.mk.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting