A copy of the Bayeux Tapestry

The man made a replica of the famous works of art. Jason Welch had no idea, what will become of his project, which he joined in 2011.
Wood carver from Norfolk decided to create a 69-foot copy of the famous work of art, to stifle the longing for the deceased shestnadtsiteletnemu son.

He spent a few weeks looking for a suitable material .Rabota project lasted two years. He finished by Christmas and says that now his work gathering dust in his workshop, as he has not yet found a place for him, it is too big.

Mr. Welch has always loved working with his hands. A lot of time was spent on his otshlifovki boards prorisovyvanie every detail.
"The most difficult was the last part of the work, as my hands started strongly bolet.U I do not have a few fingers ..." Delhi man.
"At the age of 19 years, I worked on a farm, at the same time and almost lost all the fingers on his left hand with the exception of large, surgeons managed to sew only pinkie»

The idea to make a picture of a giant wooden visited Jason after the tragic death of his son in 2011. He said that the hard work helped him to numb the pain after the loss. "When my son died, I locked myself in the studio ... I've always been interested in history, so I decided to choose as the object of the Bayeux Tapestry. I thought it would be cool completely cut the whole story of the tapestry on the tree. »

On the original Bayeux Tapestry depicts the Battle of Hastings in 1066. This artwork 9th centuries, it depicts the events that led to the conquest of England, Normandy.
According to the French legend, painting was created by William the Conqueror and his wife Matilda queen and her court weavers waiting for their husbands to return home.

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img10--

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting