Neakter Best Actor

I admit, the name of the topic can be a bit misleading. Tom Waits is known (in certain circles), primarily as a musician (the avant-garde, jazz, rhythm-en-blues, alternative rock) - author and performer of songs, multi-instrumentalist, composer, and then as an actor. Among my acquaintances there is no admirer of his, more generally, about it, few people know (outside America), but damn - I won it! This bluesy voice hoarse with what can not be confused))

But now I want to look at the great Tom on the other hand, the part of his acting genius. The chip Waits - appear once or twice in the second film in the role of either trait, or God (the waiter, for example), to give wise advice or disclose all the cards of the protagonist. Frankly, the last drop of my patience was unexpected for me (as always) Waits occasional appearance in the film "Book of Eli" in 2010, and then I just did not have the right not to dedicate the topic ...

the appearance of the main culprits Tom screens are his fans and friends of the filmmakers Francis Ford Coppola's "The Outsiders," "Fish Warrior", "Cotton Club", "Bram Stoker's Dracula» ...

in "Dracula»

... Jim Jarmusch: "Outside the Law", "Mystery Train," "Coffee and Cigarettes» ...

in black and white film "Outlaw" Tom Waits has played a major role along with geniuses such as himself Jarmusch, John Lurie and Roberto Benigni, who subsequently will be invited Tom to his films

in underground short film "Coffee and Cigarettes: Somewhere in California" Waits just spoke with his friend and colleague Iggy Pop. The plot is not available, but the dialogue is interesting))

... And others ...

Roberto Benigni in the melodrama "The Tiger and the Snow" (2005)

Actor in a tragi-comedy "Wristcutters: A Love Story»

unexpected appearance was a moment of Tom in the film "Domino" (2005), where he was in the image of God the Messiah, who gave the main characters (Keira Knightley, Mickey Rourke et al.), the only true advice. A few seconds of the game Waits me frankly more memorable than the game most of the actors for the movie

the best and perfectly matched for Tom, I believe the role of the devil in an unusual fantasy film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" (2010)

I do not want to offend anyone, but IMHO, Waits played in this crazy brighter picture than Johnny Depp, Heath Ledger, Jude Law and Colin Farrell put together))

last (until) the appearance of Tom Waits as Engineer in the "fresh" post-apocalyptic thriller "The Book of Eli»

I admit, have not looked ...
in this, everyone who suffers from this too, let's quickly corrected!))

Tags

See also

New and interesting