Pirelli Calendar 2013

Pirelli Calendar is not only known throughout the world, but is also art objects with cult status. It is impossible to buy a mere mortal, Pirelli extends his famous calendar in a limited number among the selected customers.
This year came the anniversary edition - the 40th, and its creator has become a world-renowned travel-photographer Steve McCurry. Perhaps that is why the legendary calendar for the first time moved away from their usual concept of nude beauty.
This time the forefront McCurry decided to put forward the beauty dushi.Golyh nafotografirovat you can, as much as necessary and as you like, but here the model appeared in the clothes, but exposed part of the soul - its humanitarian work, commitment, idealizm.Poetomu photographer, who often shoot in the most known "hot spots" of the planet, chose not to simple models, and member funds, humanitarian projects and NGOs.

I wanted to take them in a special place, and Rio is suitable, as well as possible luchshe.Da, namely Brazil, this time the honor to become the country directly imprinted on the pictures of the legendary calendar. Although it should be noted that this is not the first, and even the third collaboration with Pirelli sultry Brazilian coast: the previous "Brazilian" publication calendar produced Patrick Demarchelier (2005) and Terry Richardson (in 2010). Perhaps because Pirelli is close passionate spirit of Brazil, or maybe more prosaic reason - there are five tire factories of the famous Italian concern.

According to Steve McCurry, he sought to show the culture, economy and landscape of Brazil at the same time with the people who live here. But special attention to the photographer still paid Rio de Janeiro - there and the shooting occurred. I guess I "street photographer" who catches a live moment.Mne wanted to do a portrait of Brazil, its appearance and culture, filled with pure human spirit.

We filmed in the Lapa district, a great place where people are always hanging out at night - said McCarthy. - There are plenty of cheap hotels, authentic bars, all the walls in graffiti, pass the old tram lines. Such places interest me more than the notorious beaches of Copacabana.

The composition of the star models, as in previous projects is international: Brazilian Adriana Lima, Isabeli Fontana, actress Eliza Sednaui and Sonia Braga (which 62 years), the singer Marisa Monte, and models from other countries: Petra Nemcova, Hana Ben Abdesslem, Leah Kebede, Karlie Kloss, Kylie Kuhn and Summer Rayne Oakes.

Interestingly, in this calendar also includes photos of the inhabitants of Rio de Janeiro, and even examples of street art.

Tags

See also

New and interesting