Interview with Jake Gyllenhaal (Jake Gyllenhaal)

Jake Gyllenhaal (Jake Gyllenhaal) was the first person mnogoozhidaemogo such films as "The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time» (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time). Now the posters and billboards with his image can be seen almost everywhere. The film is based on a video game about the ancient warrior who can turn back time, when he dies. Especially for filming Gyllenhaal had to work to practice martial arts, to be able to do all the cool movement. Well, animators, of course, also did not disappoint. So now the actor is running on the walls and the sword cuts the bad guys. Oh, and gives interviews :)

Q .: But you are not a fan of the game "Prince of Persia"?
A .: I was familiar with this game when I was a little boy. I remember I was still in elementary school when the first computers began to appear. Since then, it took about 20 years. I've played in other games, but when I read the script for the movie, then took the opportunity and began to study video games. I started playing in "Prince of Persia" and studied it in minute detail.
Q .: So, you had to play in the "Sands of Time" until you have passed the game completely?
A .: Yes, and this is a very complicated form of study. I played several times a day, and it was very hard work. Many people do not know this, but in the movies just as hard. If you get into the game and has to play almost the entire day.

Q .: Let's assure readers that you say it with sarcasm.
A .: That's what's interesting. If you have to play the hero, whose image is taken from an art book or a computer game based on a real person, then that role should be given maximum attention. At least, I think so.
Q .: How would you react if you knew as a child that will become the Prince of Persia?
A .: Just a couple of days ago I was thinking about how cool it would be to go back to the past, when I was playing a game of "The Sands of Time," and tell me, 8-year-old kid, that in 20 years he will play a major role in the blockbuster Jerry Bruckheimer (Jerry Bruckheimer) «Prince of Persia." It would be interesting to see his expression, that is, mine eyes. I experienced a similar feeling on the set. As if I got back to my childhood. In general, it was fun to run, jump and fight the bad guys. Every day.

Q .: Was it difficult for you to star in this film, compared to the "Brokeback Mountain» (Brokeback Mountain) and "Donnie Darko» (Donnie Darko)?
A .: In the movie this size, if you are in the morning about sketching out a sketch of the scene, and then in the middle of the day you want something to change, then your changes will affect more than 1,000 people. I think it can be compared to some grand sporting event. Every morning when I drove up to the location, I see about 500 cars lining up for another 5 miles to the set. Also, we were lined up great scenery with the slightest details of the height of 250 feet. And we had a lot of extras. So it was like a preparation for some important sporting event. And at such a scale was no time to relax.
Q .: At the beginning of the movie Prince Dastan before us is very opinionated guy, but then it becomes easier and more modest. You managed to display such subtle transformation?
A .: I do not know. His arrogance he just does not lose. But awareness of its purpose, and how dear to him the family - is changing for the better. At the beginning of the movie Prince - a little orphan, who saved the king. And when there is a threat of losing the people who grew it - in fact, saved lives - the main character changes his attitude to life, beginning to realize its value. And Prince is very witty, with a great sense of humor.

Q .: Do you think your character would be a good subject for children to emulate?
A .: Yes, I think that Dastan has all the right qualities. On the road of life we ​​sometimes face a lot of traps and obstacles that knocked us. We often forget to listen to your heart, and go on about other people. The moral of this story for Dastan is that first of all need to listen to your heart and to help their loved ones, to guide them to the right path. When he helps people, all are better than ever. Yes, sometimes it helps deliver the main character a lot of trouble, but he realizes that it would be better. And I hope that the children and their parents - and especially children - are aware that if you listen to your heart, you will never sobesh the desired path.

Q .: Would you like to see the image of the Prince of Persia to secure for you for life?
A .: It would be an honor for me, especially when it comes to such a popular hero. I want to say that the prince was a cult character for decades. I am happy, even the fact that I got a chance to play this role. After meeting with the creator of the game Jordan Mechnerom I realized how many people are involved in the process of consciousness and the development of the game. So I feel like just a small part of this long history. But as I said, it would be an honor for me. I think we got a good idea to re-create the main character in the film. I can not wait for everyone to see it.
Translation: AmanLu

Tags

See also

New and interesting