Met a neighbor who complained that she had to borrow money from her husband for winter boots, still in shock

Everyone in the family has their own rules. And sometimes, when we see how things work in other families, it surprises us. This is what happened to the heroine of our history. When she found out how her neighbor lived, she was a little shocked. She was surprised by her friend’s budget.

Editorial "Site" It tells the story of this woman and her neighbor. We also suggest to consider which of the women competently arranged the family budget.

Yesterday at the store I met my neighbor. She was carrying a modest bag of groceries and was kind of worried. We went home together. That's when I decided to ask what happened. She told me about her problems.

I complained that there was no money this month. Galina went to her son's birthday party, spent almost all the money she had on gifts. And two more weeks before paycheck. She also said she borrowed money from her husband to buy winter boots. So next month will be tight with the money.

Why should I borrow money from my husband? I don’t know how to borrow money from my husband. You live under the same roof, split everything in half. I wondered what happened when the kids lived with them. She said that they give equal money for groceries, permanent payments and earlier the same for children.

Only now it turned out that Gali's husband's salary is twice as much as hers. Therefore, they give equal amounts to the general budget, but a woman has a smaller amount for her expenses. Galina says she's fine with everything. The husband, if necessary, lends money and does not demand to pay immediately. But she always tries to return with the next salary, because she may not give more.

She told me all this while we were going home. I decided not to bother with my comments, but we are not very close friends. I don’t want to go into someone else’s family. But I still can't figure out how to borrow money from my husband. Is it not common in a family to share everything, to support each other? It's weird. Or do others live like that?

The opinion of the editors of the Heroine of our history for the first time faced with the fact that in other families everything is arranged differently. Many people have separate budgets in the family. If everyone in the family is comfortable, why not? Sometimes it is useful to look at the world more broadly. There is a chance to learn something new and interesting. Is it OK to have a separate budget? How is everything in your family?

Tags

See also

New and interesting