Chekhov used to say that smart women are hard.

Some men, and many women, too, still believe that intelligence and learning are womanless. They say that the more stupid you are, the more chances to get married faster, since men like girls who need to learn everything, take care of them, solve small problems with the appearance of a superhero.

“In everyday life, the main thing is that the hostess was good,” Vitalik from the neighboring yard shares his observations. And I say to him, “What will you say to her, to your mistress?” Spinning and cleaning? Vitalik frowns for a minute, but then finds the answer: “And I will come to you to talk about cinema, biology and the last book I read.” Convenient calculation, there is nothing to say, but is it fair to behave like this with your beloved?

Today's edition. "Site" She gathered different opinions of men about what the girl should be and whether women need education and reading.

As you can see, the conversation with my neighbor is short. He desires a mistress, not far away in mind, so that it is easier to live. Says that smart well-read girls are complex natures, you will never understand what is going on in their heads. And if there are fewer thoughts in a woman, then there will be no distraction from homework. I do not support him in such convictions. Like a rollback to the last century.

Humble and submissive But the friend echoes Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy. He said, “It would have been good if only they had been in their place.” Submissive peasant women without special ambitions and desires for knowledge are unlikely to quarrel about his decisions.

You can be calm: such a girl is unlikely to look at another. For her, with her beloved, there is always paradise in a hut, even if the sweet one nested firmly on the sofa, while she flies around the house with a butterfly to restore order and create coziness around. This old woman will take care of a man, first of great love, and then get used to it.

Our reader Andrew believes otherwise. A smart woman is better than any talisman for a man. She will support and inspire, and she will please with good words. With such a treasure and friends, I don't want to go without it. They become boring, joyless.”

Fear or superstition My former father-in-law believes that complex science is womanlessThat the maximum, which is suitable for the fair sex, is good to prepare and give birth to healthy children. The more, the better. Ray Bradbury, on the other hand, puts it this way: “Most young people are scared to death when they see that a woman has any thoughts in her head.” Sounds reasonable to me, don't you think? Write in the comments under the article.

Surely it was not easy to accept the existence of girls-intellectuals Anton Pavlovich Chekhov. He has a whole story about it. It's called Pink Stocking. I recommend reading to raise the mood (for this you need to click on the green name). Don’t forget that the writer masterfully handles irony.

Another friend of mine says he likes moderately smart girls. If such a young lady is somehow offended, it is easier to please: she bought a gift, and she is again ready with you at least to the end of the world. But stupid ones don't fit him. Boring, he says.

In fact, there are so many men and so many opinions. You can think as much as you like and argue on this fertile topic, but there will always be some Vitalik or Leo who thinks that intelligence and education are not women's business and that you can not cook porridge with such girls. It is good that at least now the time has come when a woman is viewed not only as a mistress and holder of a family hearth. We'll wait for your thoughts on that.

Tags

See also

New and interesting