Reviewing the incredible performance of Olympic champions and dream to be the same cheerful at 80 years old

Rigidity and health They must accompany the person throughout his life. But it is very important to take care of yourself young and remember: in a healthy body - a healthy mind! Olympic champions in figure skating Lyudmila Belousova and Oleg Protopopov knew this firsthand. Having already crossed the 75-year mark, they dared to stand on the ice again. Today I'm going to show you what good old people can do. And I will also tell you how to keep yourself in good shape in adulthood.

Witness and health were not alien to either Lyudmila Belousova or Oleg Protopopov. 2 years before his death, the two-time Olympic champion was back on the ice with his partner. Bright pink outfit, melodic composition and smooth dance performed by skaters touches to the depths of the soul. I can't believe you can still soar on the ice at such a respectable age.

about:blank

Behind Belousova and Protopopov a huge number of competitions and performances. The couple traveled the world and became famous far beyond the Soviet Union. Honored masters of sports of the USSR did a lot for the development of figure skating in their homeland. However, life in the Land of Soviets was not as rosy as I wanted.

In the late 70s, Lyudmila and Oleg asked for political asylum in Switzerland and refused to return to the USSR. The pair were immediately stripped of all titles and simply erased from the history of Soviet sports. For the country Belousov and Protopopov became traitors. And abroad received athletes with all honors.

For the last time in her life, Lyudmila set foot on the ice with her faithful partner and husband in the United States at the Evening with the Champions. And it's such an inspiring sight! Despite her mature age, Belousova looked amazing. We are sure that it is not only a sporting past, but also in the daily work on yourself. What do you need to do to feel like an 80-year-old?

Editorial advice: how to maintain cheerfulness The cheerfulness of the spirit of any person is primarily influenced by his lifestyle. If you want to live long and healthy, you need to take care of yourself young. I won't tell you a big secret if I tell you that I don't. Proper nutrition, physical activity and regular sleep You can't be healthy.

And the older we get, the more we feel how important these aspects of life are. Nutrition of both young and old people should correspond to the specific energy costs of a person. If you eat more calories than you spend, you can’t get away from excess weight. It also plays an important role. physical activity.

There are separate sets of exercises that are suitable for the elderly. Here, for example, is an article by my colleague Nikolai Laduba with a selection of simple exercises for home. I also share material about joint gymnastics for those who have crossed the 50-year milestone.

Peels also want to remind you that nothing is easier than walking. Walking in the fresh air prolongs life! At home, you can walk on socks – this is also very useful. And I, for example, are very inspired by cheerful old men who are engaged in cycling or running.

Don’t forget about gymnastics for the mind. Cognitive abilities weaken in adulthood, so memory needs to be trained. I advise you not to constantly watch the news on TV. Instead, it is much better to read an interesting book, play chess or solve crossword puzzles.

Some people complain about the monotony of their lives. But, as a rule, it is these people who do absolutely nothing to change this. Find out if there's any in your town. pensioner. Usually there are interesting evenings where you can meet someone. And often there are even whole parties, where cheerful old women and old women dance to their favorite music.

I'd like to remind you of Peels. To live long and healthy, you need to get rid of all bad habits. Avoid stressful situations whenever possible. Of course, that's not always possible. But I believe you can change your life for the better. Take care!

Tags

See also

New and interesting