The Secret of Longevity by Irina Antonova

Most of our women are afraid of getting old, believing that pensioners are unhappy and their lives are difficult and unenviable.

There's some truth to that. But only very small. Irina Antonova proves by her example that the quality of life of a person mainly depends on himself, his life position, worldview, and not on prejudices.

DepositPhotos

A few days ago she turned 97 years old. Antonova is an art historian with many academic titles, degrees and awards, director of the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts.

The fact that she still manages to stay in business, Irina Alexandrovna explains her special attitude to life.

Attitude to age and working capacity "In our country, society is objectively aging." And for some reason, if a person retires, half of the population immediately records him as “old people” and “waste material”. In the XX, and especially in the XXI century, it is simply ridiculous, says Irina Antonova.

She believes that a person programs himself to passivity. He may refuse to be active because of a stereotype that is allegedly not allowed at age. Even though he is relatively healthy, he resolutely dismisses all examples of people who died of old age, not disease, and stayed on the horse until the last day.

I understand that we have special economic conditions, so it is difficult and even painful to raise the level of retirement age, but until that happens, people from 55 years old will be considered old. But this is artificial aging. We look at women and men aged 50-60 years and see absolutely able-bodied, in demand and accomplished people.

When they come out of the age of hope for change in their lives, they begin to position themselves as old and helpless. Of course, you do not need to artificially youth, it looks ridiculous, says Antonova.

Irina Antonova still drives her own car. She has no fear of not being able to handle the driving and the thought that an elderly person cannot service the vehicle on their own.

DepositPhotos

Attitude to fashion and appearance Beautiful women in old age They are attractive because they don’t forget to look good. They always have glitter in their eyes and self-respect.

“It is important to be well-being, a mental attitude towards oneself working, necessary, loved, respected. This is what allows you to maintain the appearance as well. You should be engaged, spend time and money on yourself if possible.”

“You don't have to get old with clothes. You need to find your style, follow it and adjust it as you age. I've never done anything special, just tried to take care of myself.

I'm so old that I'm even getting out of my old age. Whatever. You can't be careless. This is important for appearance and for efficiency. And our woman often forgets about herself, said Irina Antonova.

DepositPhotos

Recommendations are known to everyone: sports – they should be started as early as possible and extended as long as possible. I started very early, at 8. But don't worry about your health. I just can't hear these conversations where everyone complains to each other about what hurts on the left and what hurts on the right. First, we should not talk about this at all, and secondly, we should listen to doctors and take what is prescribed.”

In many ways, Irina Antonova is right. Most women, reaching a certain age, stop taking care of themselves, considering it unnecessary. They walk in the same street and around the house, do not do their hair, forget about face cream.

It is wrong to attribute to age the reluctance to look neat and well-groomed. Age is not our fault, it is our attitude towards it.

Psychologists say that a woman who cannot come to terms with her aging uses indifference to appearance as an element of protection. According to the logic of the subconscious: the more unsightly she looks, the fewer people will pay attention to her. The fewer people will see her old.

The more helpless she thinks herself, the sooner her powers will run out and she will retreat to another world, the less she will have to realize her old age.

“Life is a very dramatic story. You're born knowing you're going to die, and that's the beginning of your drama. How will you live your life? How will you meet the end? It is advisable to meet him not angry, concludes Irina Antonova, saying beautiful.

Read more about how to accept your age in our articles. Follow the links.

Tags

See also

New and interesting