Skateboard from cardboard— ingenious solution company Ernest Packaging Solutions

We already know that cardboard can be used not only for packaging. In addition to the other use cases, the American company Ernest Packaging Solutions has recently proposed an ingenious solution for creating a skateboard out of cardboard.

Board has been tested American professional skateboarder Tony hawk (Tony Hawk).

The skateboard was created in partnership with Signal Snowboards in the series Cardboard Chaos that has created some cardboard products, including surfboards, snowboards and bikes.

Enlisting the help of a professional skateboard manufacturer Paul Schmitt (Paul Schmitt), the team made three boards and worked on some of the issues of the durability of corrugated cardboard, and only after came the idea of creating the Board on the basis of layers of paper coated with resin. Resin was applied using a vacuum system to ensure that the paper will be soaked properly.

"Corrugated Board behaved well, as a Board under his feet, but he would have broken if we had pressed a little more," said Mike Martinez (Mike Martinez), Director of consulting services at the Ernest Packaging Solutions. "When I noticed that there were cracks in the corrugated sections of cardboard, I decided to try plain paper. After several stages of testing, it showed itself very well, without any breach or break, so I continued to work with her that way."

In the end, for the final testing, the team handed a cardboard skateboards, Tony Hawk. In the video below you can see the process of creating the design and skateboard in action. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: www.facepla.net/the-news/5143-скейтборд-из-картона.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting