Who are over 40: we expect its coefficient pleasure

So arranged our lives that are approaching the milestone of 40 years, we begin to summarize the first half of life's journey. Usually, we estimate it from the point of view of the acquired material values with which we were able to come to this point. The significance of the achievements of each evaluates to itself in different ways. It depends on received in childhood settings, their own ambitions, external factors that influence the formation of our worldview and value system that each of us has determined.

But, as a rule, assessment is based on quantitative indicators. They may include such elements as degree, career, house, car, family, paid credits, the number of countries visited, amount of savings, the number of pairs of shoes, etc.

Everyone has their own list, as your efficiency. Let me remind you that efficiency is the ratio of the amount of useful work that makes the mechanism for absorption of energy.

Thus, the greater the achievement, the higher the probability that energy was spent much more than those who achieve less. Exceptions, of course, are the place to be. But, as a rule, they only prove the rule.

It often happens that the list of accomplishments is great, and the joy of it a little, or not at all. Not surprising. Energy is spent. Perhaps we were taught how to achieve the desired. And we, as good students, worked hard, worked hard, not sparing himself. Has overshadowed their interests, health, family and Hobbies. We hurry to catch. Not to go the distance.

So we are not worse than others. But better — than others. We have acquired the knowledge, skills, experience, connections and professionalism. But rarely ever to learn how to get pleasure.

After all, his entire adult life, we focused on the result. So, at some point in life we have to think about the quality of their lives. About your happiness. And now we are older. Smarter. More experienced. Wiser. It's time to shift the focus on the process itself. We must now learn to identify the needed process and evaluate it not from the point of view of usefulness and pleasure.

The ratio of fun, so let's call it. Perhaps your mind you already drew the picture myself, lying in a hammock under a palm tree with a delicious cocktail in hand. Yes, it's fun. But ask your mind to remind you of other pleasures — public recognition for a successful project, the diploma about the second higher education, this document has in the Bank about the mortgage, purchase the car of your dreams. It's fun!

However, the only one we know through what difficulties we went through, and how much work it was necessary to perform. How sweet a moment of triumph. Many feel that such moments in life are not many, and often they can't happen. But we're now smart. It's the feelings that we experience, not us them someone gives. And, therefore, to learn to feel them more often, we can. This is how to learn a new gadget. Feasible. But you need to know where to start

I suggest you calculate your ratio of fun. For this we need to perform a simple exercise. Try to make it as fast as possible without falling into a deep meditation.

Recall your day yesterday. Write down in column 10 actions (verbs) that you performed yesterday. It can be even very simple actions, such as: washed, drank coffee, made lunch, washed the car etc in front of each action, place a number from 1 to 10, according to the degree of the pleasure. 1 – do not give pleasure. 10 - maximum the pleasure. Put all labelled with numbers. The result, divide by 10. You will get your factor of pleasure. Now, on the contrary every action, which did you enjoy, put a "+". Count the number of "+". Multiply the result by 10. You will receive % rate of satisfaction from your day. Now evaluate your results.

In this article, you'll see a scale with an explanation of each value. The conclusions you should make on your own. And to think about how to live with this result further. And is there something to change in yourself. This work in you will perform one.

So the Coefficient of the pleasure of "1" is negligibly low. "10" the highest possible and characterizes the full pleasure. Where are you? And % satisfaction rate shows you how fully and consciously you have lived another day of my life. For example, if you have four "+", then the last day you lived on 40%. For the purity of the result, you can repeat this exercise throughout the week or month.

Yes, life is such that we have to perform and not very pleasant action. But if we can't cancel, it is feasible to change your attitude to them.

And finally, I will ask one question before you leave you thinking on satisfaction from life.

One of you, out of 10 listed activities, pointed out the verb "Awake"? Indicated – Well Done! Not indicated? Then think about how many people in the world this action was not destined to do yesterday....

Finish the exercise by answering two questions "What do I know?" and "What was I supposed to do with it, as I obtained information can be useful?".

Perhaps, the obtained results and their analysis will be the first step on the path of change. And remember that with just our conscious thinking we can get on with my life. published

Author Elena Klimenkova

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: Elena Klimenkova

Tags

See also

New and interesting