First budget Phablet

By tradition, I always take my phone no more than 10 thousand. They are not so sorry to break, drown, crush a cow's hoof (and it happens), and in the past few years, development was at a pace that yesterday's flagship immediately goes into the category of antediluvian. In general, the approach is fully justified. There was only one problem: the screen size.

In a range of up to 10 thousand always easy to find the smartphones with 4-inch screen. Not very convenient for the Internet, but it is compact. Then came the 7-inch tablets. Convenient for home, but wearing this with a constantly I personally do not like it. My ideal was always somewhere in the area of ​​a little more than 5 inches, but the only device for a similar price, which I saw was some Sharp stretched with this diagonal resolution 800 * 640 and occupies a significant portion of the display screen buttons. Therefore, it was necessary to appear available Phablet Megafon Login +, I immediately became interested in it and immediately picked up. Impressions after a week of use, two kinds, so I consider it necessary to share them.

Immediately, without delay, I will inform you the most important thing. Phablet is locked by the operator and free way to unlock it is currently not. B> Pay as suggest in the comments there, but I did not check their performance. Nerazlochennaya version is not quite budget, meaning to take it for the money, I do not see why this option do not even consider.

To begin with, as usual, box. Compared with previous operating unit, Phablet packed more efficiently. Even hard to get: so tightly packed.

Inside the actual device, pulling out the battery on 2000 mA / h, 1A charger, headphones and instruction.

Phablet design - a clear reference to the tablet Megafon Login 3. I even thought at first that it is simply a smaller version. But, looking ahead. no. Almost nothing in common. Although similar, judge for yourself:

By conveying the film, with the tongue for easy removal, pasted another - protective. Very conveniently done, because to find a special film for this device is unlikely to succeed somewhere.

Build quality is good: back cover is so tight that hardly removed. But cheap materials, especially plastics. The same cover, on the inside, brings to mind the Chinese toys. However, all is not so important for this class of devices.

The most important thing here - the iron.
Display, contrary to expectations, turned out to be quite normal. 960 * 540 is not enough for this diagonal as it seems. Of course, the owners of devices with FullHD-display will be smiling, but his eyes never tire of reading, and this is important. Viewing angles and brightness level even with the stock. In a nutshell: the display I liked more than any budget tablets.
Buttons are touch sensitive, so the space occupied by the display. But a little uncomfortable that they are not highlighted. If you go, as I do, from a device to another location with the buttons in the dark periodically smooching.

Gigabytes of RAM, which is already the standard for budget devices, so there's not nothing to say. As demonstrated by the use of a week - enough.

Cpu. Learning that there should MTK, at first I was upset. Somehow, this producer I had not trusted. It turned out that in vain. Established in Phablet quad MT6582, as it turned out, renders the interface is much better than the one used in the same Megafon Login 3 processor from Qalcomm. Much better - it means there are no brakes. The interface is instantly drawn smoothly sites, in general the performance is sufficient. Nevertheless, this segment for all have to pay anything. Heated and he spends much stronger battery.

Battery - generally the weakest point of the device. 2000 mA / h there is clearly not enough. With the active use of the Internet by the end of the day Phablet not live - you have to recharge. If you turn on the interest charge (disabled by default) and start actively surf, it is seen that the level right before our eyes out. In general, home and office use cool, but I would have to hike it with did not take, given that usually the phone out of the hands are not produced.

Camera. They are there as much as two. The main, and a 5 megapixel autofocus camera, very personal. Shoots at a level slightly above the average, and even has a flash. A clear lack of one - autofocus is very slow by today's standards. Able to shoot videos in resolution 1280 * 720.
The front camera ... Just eat. Only quality for video calls and everything. There is no need to use it more.

Well, about the software part. There did not interfere much: standard Android 4.4.2. From what distinguishes the unit from the rest of the mass, we can only note the ability to record telephone conversations and setting to improve the sound quality of the headphones. Second, to my ears, the sound rather spoils, so keep better off. For such things on Android has PowerAMP, where everything is much better as implemented.

Additional software is not very much. The first is, of course, the application of Megafon, from which useful for me personally were MegaDisk (cloud free traffic on the network operator) and "mobile assistant". Also installed Yandex Browser (my favorite for Android), Kaspersky internet security guard (for inexperienced users need) and Clean Master (once removed). Rate desktop and a list of pre-installed applications can be in the screenshots below:

For completeness of sensations add a couple of subjective impressions.
In this device very well implemented support for wireless networking. 3G and Wi-Fi for some reason (if you believe Speedtest) are faster than me on proven budget smartphones in the same price range. I do not know what it is connected.
Sound in the headphones, if you disable the "uluchshayzer" quite good. Usually it is in such devices some kind of metal, but here everything is in order. Unlikely to suit audiophiles, but for ordinary people to taste quite necessary. I am referring, of course, the sound of normal headphones connected to this unit, and not bundled. These do not even unpacked.

In summary, or for those who are too lazy to read it all. B> For a little more than 5000 rubles (it is compulsory to connect with the internet option for 3 months), the device is quite decent. Convenient size for me, which is comfortable for browsing and read a book while lying on his back, lets call and even with such a device is not ashamed. Glitches and brakes during operation is not detected, Phablet not make every five minutes to comfort yourself that "well, this is a budget device." No claim, but nothing annoying.
Nevertheless. Needless to praise I will not. Need to be prepared for the fact that the battery life or hints on the presence of the desired charge at least in the evening or on the presence of "dialer" as the main device for calls. Those who are often on the road more of the working day, the device will not be very comfortable. And the display. Although for me it is comfortable, but still need to satisfy themselves that it is compatible with your own eyes. Because I have seen many online reviews about the fact that such a resolution - it's still not enough.
The rest - in my opinion, good work. Of course, if you are using or intend to use the services of the operator that issued it.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/246552/

Tags

See also

New and interesting