"Moskvich" for Al Capone with his own hands

If Al Capone lived somewhere in Chelyabinsk, then surely he would not have moved to the Cadillac, and on products AZLK, at least in the beginning of his not very lawful activities.

16 photo.

Most likely, it would be a "Moskvich 408", the designers managed to give this car a harmonious appearance that turned into a full-size dreadnought runabout. And the thickness of the iron to it has. But be that as it appeared at such a car? It was better to ask the owner of the stylish "Moskvich 408" Gangsta Vladimir Rybkin.

With his car Vladimir "met" on the Internet. The stylish retro black "Moskvich 408" he saw in the pages of automotive site.

- A well-maintained 45-year-old 408-th something in me touched, amazed and delighted design. The car was out of my city, and when I saw the advertisement for the sale, I realized that it was mine. For the week traded right, I found the required amount, freed garage - all the circumstances were in my favor, and I became the proud owner of a retro car. Although a fan of the brand and did not, too bad her reliability.

I got the car owner is not in the best condition, so constantly surprises tossed. According to Vladimir, to bring the vehicle to a more or less normal appearance left his entire three-week vacation. However, this was just the beginning, because of the rarity 408th Vladimir planned to make a real custom.

- At the time, date and exact cost of the project can not say anything - said the source. - I find it difficult to measure the cash help from his friends, and his time, too. For example, the development of a silencer gun took me 4 months. Something I just gave.

Incidentally, the labor costs alone made the engine Vladimir solid sweat. Once he did not get some 200 meters before the scheduled collection point at the next event - "died" grip, bleeding did not help. Only one thing - an autopsy which revealed that the torn cushion box cushion and right engine, the box itself is untwisted, and the insides were covered with oil.

As a result, the vehicle had to be restored with the help of donors, which has been chosen as the 412th model. It was established to traverse it with a "live" cushion, propeller shaft, which is longer and larger in diameter, but the connection holes are identical to parts of the 408-th. Also, the radiator frame was expanded, reduced area of ​​the battery, welded homemade radiator brackets from the 412 th, actually from this model has been taken and the engine. It had to spend three days, during which Vladimir did not spend the night in the studio.

But not only the technical stuffing has changed, a lot of attention demanded interior. Completely redesigned interior was 408th, dull green upholstery replaced Vladimir stylish leather in a combination of red and white. All mechanisms and doors replaced, and the door itself is made in accordance with the traditions of the gangster - it even provides a niche under the gun.

- Not weapons of war came from America - 298 mm polished stainless metal parts fit perfectly - a very nice thing, a worthy addition style - smiling car owner.

However, every self-respecting mobster should have something more serious than a six-shooter, so Vladimir is stored under the rear window Thompson submachine gun: 86 cm and five kilograms of steel and wood.

The fact that it is difficult "Moskvich", recalls the inscription «gangster» on the steering wheel. The handbrake was very original - a handle Vladimir attached a real gun. As I described the innovation by the owner & quot; ... handle the development of Dutch engineers, production Tula masters, year 1904 & quot ;.

Incidentally, the passengers in the car will not be bored: an old radio improved so that it can be connected mp3-player or mobile phone.

Speaking about the decor, not to mention the engine compartment, where a lot of the elements in the style of steam-punk, and decorated with engravings, all this makes the 408-th in the work of art.

Disks - also an important element of 408th. To maximize the car corresponds to the chosen style, were bought 13x7J wheels on the central nut. Week went to perelitsovki: all 400 spokes unscrewed collected and re-stretched. Also, the clearance was reduced to 1, 5 turns. For a long time, and I had to look for new tires: tire size 205R13 can not be found, so were purchased R14, they look almost the same, and there are no problems with the tires.

This results in a car in the spirit of the times "dry law" in the US, well, maybe a little more stylish, because the author was looking for inspiration, not only in Hollywood plots.

Ironically, from the architecture of the late 19th century, we have a lot of monuments in the center of the city, something spied in modern cars. It's very exciting - to do something where the rules zadash himself and act strictly within that framework, at least, I am very pleased with both the process and the result.

Thanks to the able hands of Vladimir today old "Moskvich 408" 1967 issue got a second life. 47-year-old "gangster" drew the attention of passers-by, is a welcome guest at weddings, and a variety of automotive events. Perhaps we should not rush to throw out the old car to the dump. Is not it better to give them a second chance?

Source

Tags

See also

New and interesting