10 little-known facts about the show

Exactly 10 years ago the last episode of the most successful television series in history.

Next photo with comments 6t via BBC

1) The main musical theme of the show was supposed to be a song Press Shiny Happy People group REM.

It was used in the pilot episode when the show is still planned to be called "Good Friends» (Friends Like Us), but the song was replaced by Press I'll Be There For You - her co-workers were the creators of the TV show Marta Kauffman and David Crane, and performed the song The Rembrandts .

2) David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Matthew Perry were so little known in the United States in 1994 that newspapers have tried to spin series by Courtney Cox, speaking about her role in the TV series "Family Ties" and a fleeting appearance in the video Bruce Springsteen.

In fact, Joey and Monica was originally seen as the main couple.

Series creator Marta Kauffman explained it this way: "We just found them the sexiest couple».

3) In the pockets of Matt LeBlanc during qualification for the role it was $ 11.

It was slightly damaged the nose - the result of the fall in tipsy state the night before. He then hit his face on the toilet.
When they were given the first salaries, Courteney Cox, who played Monica, is celebrated by buying a "Porsche". Leblanc went and had lunch.

"Guys, when it was my turn, I have been listening to the same time in four series. Three others failed. In my pocket I was $ 11 when I took on the role. At the same time I auditioned for it six times. Everything was very unclear with this role - he said.

4) The role of Gunther thought without words. The character was ever without a name to the second series.

Actor - James Michael Tyler was it because he worked in the nearest coffee shop and knew how to handle a coffee machine.

He did not dismiss during the first season.

"I had a few jobs, but when we started to shoot," Friends ", I worked in a cafe in Los Angeles, called" bourgeois pig (Bourgeois Pig) », - said Tyler.

"I was there as a bartender, but took up part-time work, which I sometimes tossed the man who was then assistant director in" Friends. " He called me and said, "Listen, you're kind of in a cafe to work, but we've got a new project just a cafe - only six episodes. Called "Friends." You wonder, once a week? And there seems to me to pay $ 45 per day & quot ;, - Tyler recalled.

5) Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston 10 years always bought himself the same dinner - salad "Cobb».

"This got me a salad, but it was always easiest to say to me the same thing as her" - admitted Cox Oprah before the end of the series in 2004.
But then she admitted to Los Angeles Times, it was not really a salad, "Cobb».

"In this salad Jennifer added turkey, chickpeas, and something else. She was trying to improve it. If to you something have to eat every day for 10 years, so let it be delicious, right? "- Said Cox.

6) The famous peephole in the door frame in the Monica was originally a mirror, but a member of the crew accidentally broke it.

Set designer Craig Grand decided that so it will be better, and leave the frame in place.

"They were young, proud men," Generation X ", who fought for every cent. They bought furniture on sales, "- he said.
"The irony here is that now people look and say, they say, and how you can afford it? But if you take any particular fragment of the scenery, then you will understand how it is in place. Just Monica came all this way, "- said Grand.

7) Bruce Willis starred in three episodes free, lose a bet to Matthew Perry.

He pobilsya him to bet that the movie "The Whole Nine Yards" wins in the US box office and won the bet.

The fee was transferred to the charity fund.

8) broadcaster NBC earned 70 million dollars on the last episode of the show "Friends».

Each 30-second ad unit cost two million dollars. It was a record collection and a record price for an entertaining show.
Salaries leading actors were a match. Negotiations were conducted on behalf of the stellar group at the end of the show and they got a million for each episode.

And it also brought the value of each series to a record $ 10 million. This is about 20 times more than the cost of the average of the series.

9) Monkey Marseille, whose real name was Katie, has starred in "epidemic" by Wolfgang Petersen.

10) Actors grieved about the show after its completion as much as the audience.

"It's just plagued us. We were like a vase of Chinese porcelain, which was thrown into a brick wall. We flew towards the inevitable agony, "- says Jennifer Aniston on the last week of filming.

"And then we had to scatter millions of fragments. The loss was more severe than I had imagined, "- added Lisa Kudrow.
Matt LeBlanc was less sentimental, noting only that Joey Tribbiani he took a third of life.

In the last episode, filmed in January 2004, all six characters are leaving New York. Each of them begins a new chapter of his life.

"We believe that people will not be sad, saying goodbye to them, and that they all will be well" - said Kauffman.

The last scene was filmed at the site number 24 studio Warner Bros.

Shooting the series "Friends" were on it from the second season. After his graduation in the area renamed the site "Friends."

Tags

See also

New and interesting