Daniel Radcliffe in the journal DuJour Magazine: & quot; I fell in love with Broadway & quot;

Daniel Radcliffe in the April issue of the journal DuJour Magazine spoke about his love for the world of theater and life on Broadway. And along the way lit up in the lens of the photographer Tyler Adolla.

Daniel Radcliffe in the journal DuJour Magazine

Who plays Harry Potter in one of the most successful kinofranshiz of all time at the moment gets real pleasure from playing on stage in the West End and on Broadway.

His current focus is on the complex role of 17-year-old Billy crippled from the play "The Cripple of Inishmaan" contemporary playwright Martin McDonagh. Hero Radcliffe suffers from ridicule and trying to somehow escape from the monotony of everyday life, when the Irish island of American film crew arrives to shoot the film - and the guy doing its utmost to get there.

The premiere was held in London in the summer of 2013. After the success of the British capital Radcliffe believes that New York will bring him more glory.

"The play exciting and at times brutal, and it was approved by the London audience - says Radcliffe. - In London audiences are more reserved than in New York, so I'm constantly comparing the response of these two audiences. I really like to play in this production in New York. »

Radcliffe said that the work on stage is very different from shooting in the film - it's like to live a little life in the spotlight theater audience:

"Broadway - a unique place for an actor - he said in an interview. - Let it sounds corny, but it's a new experience every time, and in terms of communication with the audience is unique and amazing. I do not remember ever wrong actions on the stage spoiled the whole show. Even if something goes wrong, it's one of those exciting moments when the people on the stage and in the hall trying to help you, and you always get this help. »

Although now 24-year-old actor is very comfortable on stage, first love will always be British celebrity movie:

"That was what I grew up - he explained. - I feel that if I had to choose an occupation for life, it would be a movie. »
On the other hand, taught by bitter experience is not "Boy Who Lived" still cautiously looking at the specifics of certain roles in movies:

"In film, if you do something than to not very happy, but it's like people - I think that you are stuck with it forever. The movie is really no second chances. »
Now the question to your favorite actor, only one - not whether he gets stuck on the stage, leaving us with zasmotrennoy potterianoy to holes and a couple of seasons of "Notes of a young doctor».

Tags

See also

New and interesting