Castle Shcherbatov. (48 photos)

Castle Manor Vassilyevskoe Shcherbatov (Marino).

History: Vassilyevskoe now stretches along both banks of the Moscow River. Vassilyevskoe on the north shore at the beginning of the XVIII century was the domain of clerk of the council E.I.Ukraintseva (from this time remained ruinirovannaya Resurrection Church - 1705), then - chancellors consistently G.I.Golovkina and N.I.Panina, and in the XIX century (up to 1828) village owned Yakovlev. In 1828 I.A.Yakovlev (father of Alexander Herzen) moved the family nest to the other side of the Moscow River, where he created a new estate Vassilyevskoe (it is Marino, Marina Mountain). And in the old and the new estates he had to live Herzen what nostalgically recalled in "My Past and Thoughts". New Vassilyevskoe in the middle of the XIX century passed to D.P.Golohvastovu, and then - to the A.S.Paninoy, and since the beginning of 1880 the owners began Scherbatova in which were built the now-preserved buildings.
In 1881 - 1884 the architect P.S.Boytsovym here was rebuilt an entire "Gothic manor" with a correspondingly trimmed castle, outbuildings and landscape design. Fighters specialized in this kind of farmstead ensembles (remember Muromtsevo, Uspensky, Barvikha).

All photos are mine and are available at favorite-world.livejournal.com/.

Next (48 photos and commentaries)

Stylistically, the "lock" in Basil can be attributed to the English "Victorian" Gothic Revival XIX century. In contrast to Russia, where neo-gothic has always acted as a parallel "alternative" architecture in England she became in the XIX century, the dominant style (rather vpomnit Houses of Parliament in London). She was born in the middle of the XVIII century, the first "neo-Gothic" building is considered to be Horace Walpole's Strawberry Hill (Horace Walpole), known for its desire to revive the medieval traditions and literature, and architecture. "New old style", first not develop so rapidly in the XIX century booming, even called the "Gothic Revival» («gothic revival»). Gothic "fashion" that gripped Victorian England, and, with a slight delay, the United States, Russia turned out to be represented by relatively weak. Locks Boytsova - among relatively few in our buildings in this style.
In addition to the main house is preserved church-tomb Healer Panteleimon, built in 1915-1917 by the architect V.A.Pokrovskim (funded O.A.Scherbatovoy). Now the church is restored and operational. Right in front of the temple is located more modern buildings (1950) medical and health institutions, hosted today in the estate. Around - a wonderful park, sometimes with a regular layout: the main entrance of "gothic castle" is a long alley. Park Place goes to infinity in some places overgrown to the state forest. Overall a very pleasant place to stroll and relax.

We came right to the edge of the fence of the sanatorium. The fence was closed and the entrance is smooth, we look like, just climbed the way, it is possible for the entry to the resort itself also taken any money, or just do not let ... As can be seen from the fence, there is often climbs. From the intake gate is closed a small alley about 100 meters Passing it, we saw the castle ... fotkat decided to the contrary - first inside, then outside. Here's what happened.

Turned to the right, there is a corridor leading to the annex and immediately stairs and into the basement. The photo is just an extension is visible through the window.

It has a kitchen, right in front of the stairs. It was lucky that I did not forget to take a flashlight, first decided to visit a cellar.

There's always complete darkness, holes in the floor in some places, especially in the corridor immediately after the stairs. Move should be careful ... The photo was taken in one of the basement rooms, everything is illuminated flashlight shutter 15 seconds.

Let me steal a photo d_a_ck9 (we traveled with him there). Here are just visible to the corridor after the stairs to the basement. Shutter speed 30 seconds, every place crawling and highlighted. A slight reduction in the photo - it is, I do, I really like this photo. Sam could not take pictures without a tripod, there is no place to put the camera down. And the time was limited, so do not twist the camera down steel.

And it is the opposite. Flashlight is at the plate, so it is dark. Photos in the best tradition of horror films

In the next room refrigerator. Very roomy refrigerator, I would say.

Corridor from vstronu extension of the main building.

And it is in the opposite direction, where it ends.

This room - freezer. The door to her 30 centimeters thick, if not more.

Just a room, probably here, too, something to cook. Most of the rooms in the basement with sinks, stoves and refrigerators. And there are many rooms ...

Meat, poultry, fish. In this photo from the basement of my end, begins the second floor.

Most likely, there was a grand piano. Who, by the way, almost all empty, all broke, and the like carried

It made me think about the piano

Further down the corridor on the second floor came across a stained glass window. It turned out - just a sticker.

They passed exit to the balcony, directly above the main entrance.

And I came across a very cheerful room. It hangs a curtain only, and clean. And around all covered with writing and izgazheno.

We returned to the balcony door to get inundated with several large boards. This is the view through the hole in the door.

And it is at the door ... Visible board. But these boards are easily moved over and we went out onto the balcony.

Since it offers a good view of the extension.

This piece of the main building, nizhu barely visible roof of the transition to an extension.

Looking up. I like this photo.

A park in front of the castle can be seen planted alley. And fountains ... or flowerbed

In one of the rooms on the second floor in the annexe.

Especially there is nothing to shoot, the rooms are all the same and without any furniture. Come on down ...

At the bottom of the corridor looks quite interesting. But it is very unfortunate that someone itching to break all.

Type of strontium in the corridor of the main building.

We came back, still time left, so did a couple of shots.

And they went out of the castle. Next will be a photo outside. Uncle watchman.

Note icicles

Annex.

On this side of him most like to photograph.

For the quality of the photo I'm sorry, had to lighten, to get such a cloud.

There is already no lightening sky marred, as always happens in such cases. But nothing can be done ...

Then we just walked all around the castle. Some photos against the sun.

I must say, we chose a very opportune time for such a trip. And the weather and the view is very natural fit with the place. Sorry, the photo does not get it all to pass.

Entrance to the extension beaten to death.

Personally, I liked it very, and I plan to go back there again. And to make better photos, bypass all the rooms to single. I hope people visiting this place are sensible and will not destroy it even more. His condition worsened, and so much in the last year, according to another photo.

Well that's all, thank you for your attention. Any comments are welcome.

When copying or use of pictures, obligatory link to my journal (http://favorite-world.livejournal.com/).

Also I invite you to visit my journal!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting