BMW i3 and i8 are seen in downtown Chicago

On the eve of the streets of Chicago (USA) were shooting the movie next two pre-production concepts BMW - i3 and i8. One presentation video has been filmed in Vancouver, but, apparently, in the BMW felt it necessary to remove the two clips on the new models. In a blog post published Cars.com quality photos from the set.

In the photos next to the car, you can see the engineers involved in the development of i-models and managers BMW, writes portal BMWblog. Closed presentation of the new BMW prototypes passed two weeks ago in Frankfurt, and public display will be held next month at the Auto Show in the same city.

Electric BMW i3, formerly known as Project Megacity, based on the aluminum platform. The compact body of the city is widely used carbon. According to the manufacturer, the power of the motor is 168 liters. s., maximum torque - 250 Nm.

The maximum speed of pre i3 is 150 km / h, which is enough to get around the city. To disperse hundreds not bring discomfort in urban (and not only) conditions - 7, 9 seconds. The electric motor transmits torque to the rear axle via a single-stage gearbox.

349-horsepower BMW i8 consumes less than three liters of fuel per hundred kilometers. Acceleration to 100 km / h in a hybrid sports car is 4, 6 seconds - less than the BMW M3 Coupe. Originally presented as the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics (2009), the car i8 has undergone serious revision. The main difference from the first embodiment is a new 1, 5-liter gasoline engine, which is installed instead of diesel of similar capacity (220 liters. With.).

In the hybrid sports car will set a transmission with double clutch. Design BMW i8 immediately after the presentation received a number of positive reviews among the automotive media. At the same time the appearance of BMW i3 rather disappointed motorists worldwide. But if you look at the car in an urban environment in the new picture, it looks quite attractive.

10. All

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting