Travel on LAZ-695E

My friends guys Kyiv metroforumu, treated themselves pokatushki retro LAZ, I was in St. Petersburg, could not take part in it ...
Knowing how YaPovtsy love cool old buses (like me), withheld so as not to lay out the main photos of yesterday's trip.

21 photos, please do not break!

2. A little history

LAZ-695 was originally designed as a shuttle bus, but it is widely used as urban. In parallel, produced and tourist version - LAZ-697. Inside were "sleeping" aircraft type seat, a radio with a microphone attachment. All fundamental changes in the design of "695 th" tolerated and on his travel "brothers».
However, the capacity of the bus LAZ-697 "Tourist" (33 passengers) is often insufficient. And so in 1964 we began releasing an elongated by 1, 4m model - LAZ-699 "Tourist 2", designed to carry 41 people. As a private vehicle weight increased, she received a more powerful, 180-hp engine ZIL-375. The highlight was the bus air suspension all wheels at the front and she was independent. Unfortunately, later it was abandoned.
In 1979, it completed construction of a new head of the plant body. It has an area greater than all the other production areas in half! This allowed expand the production of the new city bus LAZ-4202. Unlike veteran "695 th", he has two wide (1 m 2) of the door. Inside, there were only 25 seats, but were spacious aisles and storage area in front and behind. Suspension was quite comfortable, spring-pneumatic. The engine was still standing behind, but, most importantly, was not the carburetor, as all the other Lazy and diesel, 180 hp - KAMAZ-7401-5. Transmission is automatically applied, hydromechanical 3-speed with gidrozamedlitelem. In 1984, begin to produce LAZ-42021 - with the usual "KAMAZ" box, cheaper and more reliable.
In the 80 years of "LAZ" has become the largest bus manufacturer in Europe. It could produce up to 15 thousand. Cars annually.

3. And this bus LAZ-695E at an exhibition in Brussels received the Grand Prix and was one of the best in Europe! This instance of 1963 and is still on the go!

4. The guys on this bus, made a trip from Kiev in a suburb of Gostomel, to look at one more miracle transport.

6. In the salon!

7. Such retrofoto hanging on the ceiling of the cabin!

8. Such retrofoto hanging on the ceiling of the cabin!

13. Rear view.

14. Near Gostomel, beauty ...

15. Emblem.

16. And here is the "miracle." In this photo the "transport of the future" Kapvey (monorail near Kiev)

17. For the first time, "Kapvey" was launched on October 1, 2004. Since then, he regularly bowled deputies and officials of different levels, but in vain. The last time he hit the road in 2010. Probably the project management desperate and power cables were dismantled now and with a strong desire wagon will not budge.
The chip design was to use platforms. That is, the transport route can be run on existing roads are not interfering with traffic on it. And the speed of 120 km / h, 150 passengers, etc.
A lot of interesting information on these sites:
www.explorer.kiev.ua/kapway/
shakh-t.livejournal.com/10253.html
mesta.kiev.ua/secret/488-kapvey-tra...buduschego.html
The story on TV about Kapvey:
podrobnosti.ua/podrobnosti/2012/09/07/856817.html

18. I wanted to put a separate topic about Kapvey, but none of his pictures, no stranger fresh material and photographs found in the internet (on Yap unfortunately most of the posts - rewrite), therefore, ran on to dupe :)
If anyone has an interesting infa, write!

20. Old and new buses in the autumn Kiev.

21. Old and new buses in the autumn Kiev.
That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for attention! INFA to Kiev and having the ability to get there:
Bus can be ordered here

All the pictures from the trip here

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting