Journeyman - German craftsmen

On Thursday evening I went with a friend after work, take a ride on a skateboard on the South Butovo Brooklyn. Well, on the way, hungry, we went to a pizzeria on Manhattan Beach. Who knows New York understand that Manhattan Beach is a district of the city, there is nothing interesting there rich people will not see.
Well, naturally, we do not expect - a snack and went to go further. And then - go to a place two futsyna dressed as circus performers. I love masquerade, especially when it occurs in places where you expect it the least.
So I was delighted. Came to the guys and say, - "because they say so - funny suits you, I would like you to take a picture but that's only a machine with no. Here's my card - call me. " And they gave me and says: - "I'm sorry, but we do not have phones."
- That is, there are no phones?
- Just like that - we can not have them. We German carpenters.
- In the sense ???
- Well ... we German carpenters ... we adhere to traditions ... we need to travel for 3 years and 1 day before we can go home ... we have to wear these traditional clothes and so on ... - told they tortured voices.
- In general - you are not from the circus?
- No ...
- Where are you staying?
- Nowhere ... we have not yet found a place ...
Well, then I invited them to stay with me in exchange for pictures ...
And now help (what I learned from guys):
«Jorneyman - a tradition that went back hundreds of years.»
This German craftsmen united in "clubs" - carpenters, roofers, bakers, blacksmiths, etc. Clubs closed - Masonic type. What are they discussing - a mystery. At some point in their lives craftsman must leave his home for 3 years and a day that would see the world, learn their craft from other artists and people, to learn what and how other people live, to expand their horizons and so on.
Journeyman leaves her house with a 5-Tew rubles (euros, dollars, etc.) in the pocket and must return the same amount. During the journey, he has to earn his living by his trade, but can not make profit.
Journeyman can not stay in one place for longer than 3 months.
Journeyman must rely on the help and support of strangers - so he learns to be polite, friendly and humble.
Journeyman can be dressed only in their traditional clothes.
In the journey he must go after finishing his craft school, but before reaching 30 years or marries. In this case, take a trip Journeyman must not run away from your life problems and debts. On the contrary - he must learn to apply yourself in the best way of life. On his return home Journeyman no longer have to wear traditional clothing and can enjoy all the benefits of civilization.
In today's world traveling about 500 craftsmen at a time. They mainly come from Germany, Sweden, Austria and France.
2: The German carpenter tattoo in Hebrew - a phrase from the Bible about the fact that "God - my shepherd»
4: This is the identification of traveling craftsman. In Germany, it is equivalent to a passport.

5:

6: In the "passport" entered recommendations and print various masters in which they worked during his travels:

7:

8: And now - out in life. It's time to introduce the German carpenters from New York.

9: Brighton Beach - Russian stronghold.

10: Brooklyn Heights. View of Manhattan.

11:

12: Manhattan Bridge

13: Williamsburg. German carpenters and Hasidim.

14: Williamsburg. German beer garden.

15:

16: Brooklyn Bridge

17: Very much like beer. Very :)

18: New York Stock Exchange. We can say - the financial heart of America. Yes, and the world, in fact.

19: The famous «Wall Street Bull»

20: Washington Square Park. Place hangouts students, old hipparey and all who are too lazy to walk around the city.

21: Highline Park

22: Roma

23:

24:

25:

26: And again :) Brighton Moving in Coney Island

27: The famous Brooklyn "Cyclone" - the oldest "roller coaster" in the US (and probably in the world too)

28:

29:

Well, something like that. Today they went for a walk on Brooklyn "Mermaid Parade", and I, fool with them gone. Sure would ahuennymi photos :)

Do not worry - I have plans tomorrow to take them to the synagogue)))) Let learns the world and let the world learns something well forgotten old, and so is the new.

Proof

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting