Photo Report. Travel to Malaysia

Today I want to show you and tell you about our trip to the beautiful country - Malaysia.
The journey took place in November 2012.

51 photos

Arriving in KL, and smoke came out, we saw a picture.

He rubbed his eyes, and the camera lens, we have seen a picture.
What surprised in the first minutes of stay in KL - unusual for "our" man humidity.
Cigarettes like damp, and the hands and face are constantly wanted to wash.
This sense of unwashed hands does not leave us a whole day.

Smoke, and returned back into the cool of the airport we waited for our flight to Langkawi.
The airport building is quite interesting.
Very pleased with the difference between modern design airport, in the style of hi-tech (probably) and red worn chairs, as if from the USSR.

Chairs, by the way are wonderful cafe where we ate (had a drink?), Mushroom soup, and returned several times for juices and cocktails that are very fond of.

We arrived in the morning and in the afternoon we had to fly to Langkawi.
Since domestic flight was now MalaysiaAir, then we took off from the same terminal, instead of the low-cost terminal, we decided to pass half a day at the airport.

We bought tickets on their own, but through the Tourism Company booked hotels and transfer to KL (more on that later). In Langkawi, we did not take the shuttle, and absolutely do not regret it.
After landing, and go to the large room, such as the barracks, on the assembly line we took our luggage and moved toward the exit.
Once again, breathing hot and humid air, we decided once again to smoke (this is the last mention of smoking in this article).
Ask the employee passing by the airport where you can smoke there, we saw the surprised face of the Malay and heard "there always can be».

Catching his breath, we went back to the taxi stand, bought a voucher for 18 Ringo (if not mistaken). For comparison, the proposed transfer cost $ 100.
Just near the racks, we saw a taxi stand with a rental car, since I planned to take the car, I took the sweet Malays, who wanted me to sell to the car, leaflet, which was also a map of the island.

Out on the street we were immediately waved the taxi driver threw our belongings and drove towards the hotel Frangipani.

We arrived at the hotel, settled. In other matters we were settled not quite as they should have been. We had booked a Garden View Villa, but we settled in the room, which is in the two-storey building, next to a huge villa, near the pool with salt water. (How to better explain not know)
I on this occasion did not even clarify anything because maybe it was a Garden View Villa, and if not, then me and so everything is arranged.

This is the view from our balcony:

On the island we met with local residents.

Locals were everywhere

Posted in [mergetime] 1380080519 [/ mergetime]
And they defend their constitutional rights.
Few agresivno giving me to understand that to interfere in their personal life goes.

Langkawi has a very beautiful waterfalls.
Not very high, but still

If someone does not know o.Langkavi symbol - an eagle

Langkawi - a small village, there's no skyscrapers, but there is an amazing nature.
What I like about it - it is a combination of mountains, palm trees, sea and year-round summer.

It is a beach of our hotel. First, green grass, then immediately sand and sea

But these bananas are grown right in our hotel, near the entrance to the room.
However, since They were still green, I did not loot)

P.S. I apologize for the confusion, the photos are not in chronological order, but it is not very critical, I think.

If you see such birds - you chase them away.
Very arrogant, they stole our breakfast every morning.

As long as you go for the juice - your breakfast anymore (

"There's a tree - IN!» ©

Map of Langkawi, near Eagle Square.
Incidentally, Langkawi - an archipelago consisting of 99 islands.

We must, of course, and talk about the food.
But I'm not one of those pictures of food, and puts in instagram.
Therefore, there is practically no food pictures (

But, here for example the excellent fried shrimp.

Street in Langkawi.

On this street, we went every day walking to the cafe for lunch and dinner.

Since we did not get the famous cable car (For it was at this time the Indian new year, and all measured by thousands of Hindus), we went to one of the highest places of the island - in the mountains the hotel is located, who kindly provide your tower with a viewing platform for tourists .

Since there was a fog, the pictures are no good, but I suggest something a finger ...

Approaching ...

It appears, pointing at the yellow sneakers)

These small pools in the distance - shrimp farms.

In! I found another picture of food.
Do not judge the taste in appearance.
This is the most divine dish that I just tried (called Fried kway teow). It consists of rice noodles, germinated rice, vegetables, eggs, shrimp.
So delicious that we ate every day, as a side dish to all the other dishes))

By traveling around the island, we stumbled on the closed lighthouse

Lighthouse Mike Farley-watchman

A sign in the cafe, everything for us)
But we did not dare try it funky lamb.

In the evening we ordered in the restaurant juice or tea with lime, yuzali wi-fi, and watched the sunset.

In fact, we not only ate and slept. We rode on jet skis, went around the island, take sightseeing boat trips. But the photos or not, or are of poor quality.
In general, we spent 9 days in Langkawi, and flew back to Kuala Lumpur, where we spent nearly 2 days.

We arrived in Kuala Lumpur in the afternoon until the got to the hotel, is settled - is almost dark.
We quickly ran to eat, and then to the most important attractions of KL - Petronas Twin Towers.

Photo not give all glory (especially with Krivorukov photographer I)

Since we were very tired, we sat on a bench, admire the towers and went back to the hotel.

Along the way, exhausted from the heat, we saw something that did not fit into the overall picture of a tropical metropolis)

We returned to our hotel, went down to the bar and huge cocktail pondered our plan for tomorrow.

The fact that we get 1 full day in KL, the next morning we had to depart.
Calling evening guide to KL, we decided not to give 200 bucks for a tour of 3 hours, and go explore the city itself.

The easiest and cheapest way I chose a system of tourist bus Hop-on Hop-Off.
The bottom line is this - you buy a ticket on the bus, and you can ride it for 24 hours. You can get in and out at any of the stops.

The bus runs on the most important tourist sites of KL.
We approached this option.
Here is a map of the route:

Here is the bus.
Ply routes of different types. Back we went on the bus, in which half of the second floor without a roof.

In fact, this mode of "Crossing Europe" not much to look, and we decided to make a stop at the bird park, and spend most of the time there.

I'll tell you a little about the bird park, and will finish probably.

I have to say - we do not really have children, but they were just in the wild delight of the park.

The whole trick is that this park is under the open sky.
The cells sit only birds of prey.

In all other areas stretched mesh at very high altitudes.
It turns out that the birds are not constrained in the movement, but also to fly out of the park, too, can not.

It's nice to see that here take care of the birds (and not our zoos, where hungry wolves thin chips grab on the fly).

Inside the park a huge number of feeders.
Feeders are filled with fresh fruits, and any bird can come and eat.

Eat everything together, the neighbors did not hurt)

Such a large number of peacocks in the same place I had never seen.
They are simply swarming with.

Peacocks, you say? ©

Neformal

I thought that the bird is bad, and it just sunbathe.

Raised his hand to lay down uniform tan))

There's even roosters there, just like ours.

Emu kept in a cage, but managed to get here peacocks.

At first I thought that the ostrich eats a pigeon, but it turned out that the dove just fell asleep in a manger.

These buddies went with us, showing their home.

Place to take pictures with the birds.

Birds do not approve of general fun.

See what look!
No wonder it is kept in a cage, a real predator.

If you're tired - you can relax inside the cave, with an artificial waterfall.

This man reminded me of a dinosaur)

In general, we spent almost his entire day in KL Bird Park. And how much does not regret.

I guess I'm done on this.

At photo will return to the cold, the November homeland.

You can kick.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting