Director's wife "Auchan" works as a waitress

Frenchwoman Melanie Larrond, despite the high office of her husband, serves clients on their feet and holds 12-hour shift.

One of the Chelyabinsk restaurants boasts not only the French name "Promenade", but also a radical French. For a modest smile waitress Melanie hiding foreign origin and high social status because her husband Jean-Francois for two years headed a large store of "Auchan" in Chelyabinsk.

Proof: "Good news»

Melanie Larrond was born in the small town of Bayonne in southwest France. Her future husband, she literally lived in the house next door, studied in a nearby school, but only met when she was 18 and he was 19.

- Work in "Auchan" was the first work of Jean-Francois, he began his career with the first step - by block goods on the trading floor - told "good news" Melanie Larrond. - Then he became the manager of the store, then personnel manager. We traveled a lot, because the work in the "Auchan" means work under the contract in different countries, usually the contract is for 4 years.

In Russia, for the first time the couple were in 2004. Melanie just was pregnant with her second child. Jean-Francois was offered a job in Moscow, but before it was brought, showed the city, the future of housing, kindergartens and schools. Family Larrond gladly agreed.

- We knew almost nothing about Russia, we do not know the language, but to remain in France, we were already bored - shares with "good news" Melanie. - The most difficult in Russian pronunciation and cases were still with them I can not cope.

With education and extensive experience in Moscow graphic designer Melanie got a marketing manager in a travel company, which was engaged in the invitation of French tourists in Russia. Five years have passed, and again had to be broken, this time - in the Chelyabinsk to open the first store of the French network.

- We are scared of our friends in Moscow that in Chelyabinsk bad, nothing, very dirty - says Melanie. - But it was not so. We immediately found here a good accommodation near the park Gagarin, 12-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son to school and made a Music School. Tchaikovsky. Cecilia plays the piano and the cello Victor.

During the two years of life in Chelyabinsk French learned to cook Russian soup and buckwheat, which is not found in France, humbly wait for her husband at the window when it is delayed at work even on weekends. Tired of home confinement, smart and energetic Melanie decided to whatever was to find a job in Chelyabinsk. Woman called by the first announcement of the vacancy and the waiter came to the interview.

- When he saw me, they all marveled. Firstly, I - a foreigner, secondly, much older than the other candidates, because I have 40 years - says Melanie. - But it might have been my advantage. I was immediately invited for an internship. Offered to withdraw from next day.

Melanie suggested schedule "two by two" one shift - 12 hours. French admits that at first this work seemed unbearable, at the end of shift legs gave way. Her husband even wondered why his wife, already living in abundance, to go to a lower position with a small salary.

- Salaries me to be missed is hardly on the gifts to the children, but I plan to work not for the money, I do not have enough human interaction, - says Melanie. - Here in Chelyabinsk I have almost no friends, those with whom I can talk to - just my children and my husband, and they are often not at home. I know that unskilled job as a waitress, maybe not quite prestigious, but it gives me the opportunity to communicate. Visitors talk to me in Russian, English, sometimes in French. People often ask where I'm from. And I think I'm getting happier when I communicate with them.

After a two year contract Jean-Francois Larrond Chelyabinsk end and have to go back to France, as the family supermarket manager has regrets.

- We would be happy to stay in Russia. Especially children want it, here they feel at home. Here all their friends, and their lives - says Melanie.

More photos

This French smile)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting