Extreme Sports

How about to do an extreme sport? Ski jump across the chasm? Climb a steep hill? To sail in a desert shore? We live in an era where you can try everything - to the most remote places on Earth can be reached and the most amazing things can be tested in different parts of the world. In this review, I collected rare photos of the most dangerous and enchanting moments in the extreme. Watch and enjoy frightened.

Snowboarding in Switzerland

Photographer, took this picture from a helicopter, remembers how scared he was for his friend - snowboarder. At this point, the latter is true, passed a difficult test, balancing on the edge of life and death. Later, after reaching a quiet place, he said: "It is always difficult - to fight Mother Nature, because you know, one mistake - and you lost."

Ice Climbing in Canada

Forest (photographer) recalls that when they arrived on the scene, there was another group of people who are dubiously inspect the area. "Well, no - they said in the end - it is for us too."

Forest and his friends did not know that this place was considered sacred and was filled with something mysterious. "This was said, but somehow casual" - he said.

But when it came down to it, ice climbers had to contend with "Snow Demon" - snowy winds full of icy dust. It was a real challenge.

Free-Climbing, Tasmania, Australia

In this photo two climbers - Duck and Dean - try to overpower the "Totem", a huge natural stone columns.

"No one had yet to climb on the totem so. But at the moment when we realized we could do it - a second wind, even in spite of our wounds and bruises. "

15 days worked Duck and Dean to come up with a route on which they will be able to master the rock. They had to take into account not only the slope and surface smoothness, but also a strong ocean breeze, which on some days brings so much moisture that the stone becomes slippery. And if the waves are chosen too close at any moment one of them - high enough - can literally sweep you into the ocean.

Climbing without insurance (Deepwater Soloing), Oman

Deepwater soloing - a type of climbing on the cliffs above the water. Completely without insurance, using only their forces.

Photographer Jimmy Chin (National Geographic) had to be taken away with his camera on the very edge of the cliff, to manage to make this shot. He did not know how far can go to Alex - climber. It seemed as if every muscle in the athlete's body is tense. But time was excellent.

Mountain biking the hills near Green River, Utah, USA

Carsten - athlete - remembers how much fun it was already just looking around the area for which he will go down. There will be no place to boredom - the land is uneven, there are a lot of bumps and holes, twists and surprises. The direction of movement can always be changed to a more smooth on the extreme. All that may be willing cyclist. "This is very similar to riding a bike in the wilderness" - says Karsten.

Photographer Jay observes that "the land in this area must be the same as on the moon, if we will ever be able to ride on the moon." "And yet, - he shakes his head - look like someone riding, gorazdno easier than to ride."

Kayaking in Mexico

The photo was taken at the end of the route is already in the "quiet" section of the river. Prior to that, says the photographer Marcus, kayakers overcome waterfalls 25 again 25, 6, 22 and 6 meters again and, at the end, another 15 meters. Each waterfall takes place in a matter of seconds. It is incredibly difficult and everyone had to completely rely on the team, especially in case something goes wrong.

Windsurfing in Oregon, USA

"I specifically stayed in the water until sunset, although I still remember how cold I was. In truth, I wanted to make a good photo, and I think we did it "- shared Seaver, windsurfer.

A place where to make a photo, is located in the 6-hour drive from Portland, and there is always windy, since the air flow fly here, both the North and the South. There are rarely people and get to this place is not easy, but Siver has long come here.

"The wind raging here, can be used as eneregiyu, as a result, you can go up to five times faster than normal." "I also like that there are deserted, as the place is not popular. A lot of people - less fun. "

Photographer just noticed that with such winds helicopter dangled from side to side and it was not so easy to make a good photo. In reality, the pilot and photographer - friends, it only helped them achieve such a result.

How about you, have tried extreme sports?

Tags

See also

New and interesting