From Moscow with love. On national solidarity

< Alex Baranowski

"Who does not jump, the Muscovite" - it was the first slogan that I heard on Evromaydane 2013, came out of the subway. "Good Start" - I thought, feeling his Russian passport in his shirt pocket.

In extreme time from Moscow to Kiev I arrived a few days before the start of the Maidan events, even when nothing presaged any popular unrest, or even failure of the Government of Ukraine's European integration.

I can not say that, when all it started, I climbed all the hot spots, which was a lot the last few days in Kiev, for after all the events - this is an internal affair of Ukraine and Ukrainians. However, journalistic curiosity drew me irresistibly on and on ...

I saw people running from the Russian riot police during mass protests in Moscow and in front of their noses as the door slammed shops and taverns. Some managers, however, still agreed to bury himself inside the fugitives, but they were a minority. I do not know how they felt at the time and why to make instant decisions to help and not to turn away like everyone else, but I imagine them clearly at the time represented the residents of the occupied territories, who hid Jews from the Germans and partisans. Everyday life in Moscow. Cities that with fanfare every year celebrates the anniversary of the victory over fascism.
And I saw sleeping on the floor in St Michael's Cathedral Kiev and not only, which severely beaten "Golden Eagle" on the night of November 30 at Independence stele. I saw the eyes of the priests of the Kiev Patriarchate (do not dare call them the usual Moscow word "priests"), who reluctantly answered questions, why do not they closed the door and allowed people to stay the night despite the threat of assault monastery "Berkut»:

- For all God's will.

I have seen people of Lviv, to take on the Maidan with Donbass.

- I came from Donetsk and I for European Integration, and no one believes me - tell me a tall young man with a weathered face and burst into laughter with standing next to him Galician student.

In my eyes the people of Kiev took quartered harkovchan, they for the first time in my life and saw that there was no place to spend the night in the rebellious city.

Several cafes in the city center free food Protestants sandwiches and soup. Offices, companies and individuals at the epicenter of events remove passwords with wi-fi, so that they are able to enjoy everyone.

This is the national solidarity. That is what is lacking in Russian. In Moscow, hardly anyone knows their neighbors, and when at 5 am in Solntsevo near the roadway long screaming girl somewhere dragged incomprehensible subject (later turned her drunken husband), to the cries of the 15-storey 5-driveway of the house came with I have one with a kitchen knife ...

At first I was afraid to talk to people on the Maidan, I'm from Moscow. Who knows what. However, it turned out that people are getting to know that I am from Russia and I support their desire for freedom and independence, not only do not look at me askance, but rather begin to speak sympathetically:

- Well, we have something else, okay, but you have it all ...

Unfortunately, this "general" I know only too well, and this support of ordinary people from different countries to each other - it is well worth it. For it is not necessary policies and simulated smiles, it is a manifestation of the very essence of our brotherly peoples which is so often remembered, but not everyone knows what it is actually.

And the slogans: "Who does not jump the Muscovite," I no longer sad. I realized that it is not up to me.
Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting