Anna Akhmatova and Nikolai Gumilyov

Anna Akhmatova and Nikolai Gumilev are among the most prominent representatives of the Silver Age, and certainly the most famous poetic pair. Two personality, talented and strong, each of which had its own ideals, principles and attitudes.

Terrific strong and eccentric personality Nikolai Stepanovich Gumilev, breaking all the stereotypes and do not stop at nothing to achieve their goal, since childhood, argued that, regardless to any disadvantages, gets its way, and turn disadvantages into advantages. He recognized him only on his own work, his personality is completely formed by himself.

Gumilyov overcame their children's physical weakness and timidity, even in all the games in the Indian leader was only Nicholas. He was not handsome, but nurtured in childhood qualities such as persistence, hardness, arrogance, self-esteem, pride, and the ability to achieve the desired, and, of course, intelligence and talent did their job - Gumilyov was a charismatic man and his many loved.

Not surprisingly, with such a character, he has repeatedly made its offer Beautiful Lady - Russian Sappho Anna Akhmatova, and received another refusal, continues to win her favor.

Akhmatova was absolutely indifferent as to Gumilev, the object of her girlish love was Vladimir Golenishtchev-Kutuzov - tutor from St. Petersburg.

& quot; ... Will Kutuzov Christmas in St. Petersburg ... The thought that my trip could not take place, I got sick ... I have a fever, palpitations, unbearable headaches ... What I'm pathetic and unnecessary. The main thing is unnecessary, no one ever Verses ... I do not write, I am ashamed? And why? Answer is likely to Kutuzov. It is for me - all & quot ;.

Overshadowed by the refusal of Anna, Nicholas even made unsuccessful suicide attempts, after which, however, continued to attack his goddess, and finally got approval. But Akhmatova did not like Gumilyov. Consent to Marriage Akhmatova commented as follows: "... But Gumilev - my destiny, and I dutifully gave her. Do not blame me if you can. I swear to you all my light, that this unfortunate man will be happy with me ... ". Motivation is very doubtful, because Akhmatova was still in love with Kutuzov, with whom she was separated.

Anna Akhmatova credited affair with Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani -Getting happened during another stay in Paris in 1910 with her husband during the honeymoon. Their mutual attraction could not help noticing Gumilyov. Later Akhmatova recalled: "N. S. Gumilev when we last went along to his son in Bezhetsk (in May 1918), and I mentioned the name of Modigliani, called it "a drunken monster" or something like that, and said that in Paris they had collision due to the fact that Gumilev at some companies spoke in Russian, and Modigliani objected. " But a year later, Akhmatova, one goes to Paris and meets there with Modigliani. This was the beginning of the collapse of Gumilev.

Natalia Tretyakov. Akhmatova and Modigliani. In an unfinished portrait.

Figure Modigliani - Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Most likely, these two individuals did not approach each other from the beginning. Too different, and everyone was looking for exactly what was not in the other. Gumilyov was not able to have family life Akhmatova combined image of the goddess and wives and mothers, although experienced divorce hard. Akhmatova was also dubious reasons for the marriage to Gumilev - so creative and dramatic sacrifice tribute to unrequited love, even though it is completely stretched to other people.

Farmakovsky Mstislav. Portrait of NS Gumilev.

OL Della-Vos-Kardovsky. Nikolai Gumilyov 1909

N. Altman. Portrait of Anna Akhmatova (1915)

Vadim Dolinskiy. Anna Akhmatova

Olga Kardovsky. Portrait of Anna Akhmatova. 1914

Tags

See also

New and interesting