Desperate Housewives

A few hours ago in America came out the last episode of Season 8 of the series "Desperate Housewives," which means that it's time to say goodbye to our beloved heroine, who for 8 years, we have become almost family. I, as a big fan of the series, had looked the last, very emotional, the series and was pleased by what fate has prepared our housewives writers, and for those who have not watched the show or not seen any of his series, I suggest to remember and to look at how it all began.

The idea of ​​creating the series occurred to producer Mark Cherry, when he saw a television news report about a woman who killed her children in a fit of despair. Then Cherry thought that it would be interesting to create a serial film about the life of women from the suburbs, with the beautiful facades of houses which lie the most terrible secrets. The series did not take long, and on October 3 2004, aired the first series, which gathered at the screens of about 20 million. Viewers. It was a success!

"Desperate Housewives" series with producer Marc Cherry

It was originally planned to take on the role of "Desperate Housewives" star "Sex and the City", and Pamela Anderson, Courtney Cox and "Bride of Chucky" Jennifer Tilly. Once this idea rejected on four main roles in the series Teri Hatcher approved, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman and Eva Longoria, for which a role in "Desperate Housewives" was the ticket to the world of the stars of the first magnitude.

And now about each of the characters in order. Susan Mayer played by Teri Hatcher. A single mother who is constantly in search of love and happiness. And that happiness comes to her - in the face of a neighbor Mike Dolphin, relations with whom throughout the series causes us the endless joy, the wild laughter, and sometimes bitter tears. Mike became the biggest love Susan: then they got married, then divorced, they had a son, but the ending of the story was not the happiest (SPOILER!).

The extent of human disease depends on the number of its secrets.

Perfectionist and the best housewives of Wisteria Lane - Bree Van de Kamp by magnificent Marcia Cross. Bree is married to a doctor, they have two wonderful children - seemingly ideal family, the embodiment of the American dream. But not so smooth: 8 Season series three of the men killed Bree, she experiences pain and betrayal, alcoholism, suicide attempt, disrespectful children and even gets to trial for the murder charge.

Housewife always wants to do something better than anyone else, even if it's just a casserole.

Lynette Scavo played by Felicity Huffman. Mother of many children, who left a brilliant advertising career in favor of a quiet family happiness with her five children and her husband Tom, who for all eight seasons complains about unfulfilled dreams, but it is almost always a loving and faithful husband. The share of Lynette falls hard tests - problem children, a terrible disease, an illegitimate child of her husband and whatnot.

I do not know what to do with children - I have tried everything. I even bought a puppy to threaten to kill, and they wanted to see.

Gabrielle Solis, whose image on the screen so successfully embodied the charming Eva Longoria. Gaby - a former model from New York, moved to a quiet suburb with her husband, a millionaire Carlos, which so hard to get attention. This attention it successfully offset in the arms of 16-year-old gardener, a novel that turns into a tragedy. For 8 seasons of the show Gaby visited and wife of the mayor, and a lonely woman suffering from a misunderstanding of the people around, and later a mother of two daughters, although for many seasons Gaby claimed that "shoes - it's her children."

I just love you, I love your love for me. Are you ready to explode at the thought that I can lose.

In addition to the main characters in the series, there are minor "Desperate Housewives," which are so loved by the audience. The first of these is, of course, "the most predatory divorcee in the county," Edie Britt (Nicollette Sheridan in the performance). Go so pleased with the audience that instead of appearing on the show for a few episodes, the producers left it for 5 seasons (but then she had to "die" because of disagreements with the producers).

Sex - it's like tennis: with a weak opponent, and he start to play worse!

Another audience favorite housewife - is Katherine Mayfair, Dana Delaney performed. It is very house-proud woman and shopping that can compete with most of Bree, but also as many characters of the series, which hides a terrible secret (in my opinion, the most interesting and, indeed, a terrible secret in the history of the series).

I have my husband on wedding anniversaries always gave appliances, on the last anniversary he gave a vacuum cleaner. Two weeks later, he died. I did not cry.

Mary Alice Young (Brenda Strong actress). The series begins with the fact that one of the housewives, so happy-looking Mary Alice, beloved wife and mother, let his brains out. We rarely see Mary Alice on the screen (basically flashbacks), but for all 8 seasons hear her voice-overs - just with her words, we learn about the life of her friends are homemakers.

But what happens when asking the difficult question we get an answer, had hoped? Well ... At this point, and there comes happiness.

And the last character that appears in the series with season 7 - Renee Perry performed a delightful actress and singer Vanessa Williams. The character is quite interesting, but (surprise) is not hiding a terrible secret special out of your life.

I love fun! Why not? Life is short, and generally unpleasant. We must seize all good until you kick in.

Special attention I would like to pay and the very street on which they live housewives and most of the action takes place in the series. Wisteria Lane - is the embodiment of the American dream, with her dollhouse, white fences, cropped lawns and lush colors. The street was created on the Universal Studios and it was filmed many movies, TV series and video clips (such as video rapper Nelly and Kelly Rowland «Dilemma»). All of these houses - is, of course, only the scenery, everything stands - artificial (except lawn and most trees) and even cars, houses facing the heroes - skillfully made imitations (they do not even open the door). (all photos are clickable)

Contrary to popular belief that "Desperate Housewives" - a tearful soap opera for women, I want to say that this show has it all - sparkling humor, detective stories, the cold-blooded murder with a hint of thriller (54 corpses - this is not a joke! ), passionate romance and dramatic twists and turns of the plot on which it is possible and cry. In addition, the series is very popular not only among the fair sex, but also among men. One of my friends (quite traditional orientation) looked all 8 seasons and was ecstatic by what he saw.

For eight long years, "Desperate Housewives" has been one of the most successful American TV projects, each of the series - intrigued, and the characters have become so close that sometimes involuntarily had to worry about them seriously. They caused us joy and sadness, gave the sea of ​​smiles and quotes for all occasions. I do not know about you, but I will miss Desperate Housewives from Wisteria Lane.

Tags

See also

New and interesting