Adriano Celentano

Today marks 75 years of Adriano Celentano. In Russia, it is also known, I think more than one generation grew up on his movies. But for us it is more comedian than a singer. He was not handsome, but he's "mad" charisma. Besides Adriano incredibly talented, he is equally popular as the music and film. He is the owner of two awards "David di Donatello" for Best Actor in "The Bluff" and "Velvet Hands". In 1989 he was awarded the highest prize of the city of Milan - Ambrogino d'oro. In 2007 he headed the list of "100 most brilliant movie stars," according to the magazine Time Out. Adriano started to apprentice in watchmaking and achieved great success as an artist.

Adriano was born the day Befana (holiday jokes and pranks) - January 6, 1938 in Milan. At the age of twelve he left school. In his youth, the future singer often depicted the famous American comedian Jerry Lewis, and sister Celentano sent to the contest twins one of the photos, where her brother was in the image of the artist - as a result Celentano won first place and won 100,000 pounds. During this period, Adriano began to show an interest in music, particularly to rock and roll and became a member of the rock band Rock Boys.

My mother woke me rock 'n' roll, who adored. It includes a plate and said: "Adriano, look for eight hours!". Although in reality there were only seven.

The first official performance of Adriano on 18 May 1957 in the Ice Palace in Milan - with a group of Rock Boys, he participated in the "First Italian festival of rock 'n' roll." In 1961 he created his own record label Clan Celentano. Now this company includes publishing, booking agency, studio video and audio. They work there for more than 150 people, is run by his brother, singer Alessandro. In 1963, Adriano was in the movie "A strange type" with his future wife, a famous actress Claudia Mori. In 1964, July 14 Adriano Celentano and Claudia married in the church of St. Francis in Grosseto. In the late '60s song "Twenty-four thousand kisses," admits one of the best Italian songs of the decade.

In 1970, the artist once again performed at the festival in San Remo and won for the first time, performing a duet with Claudia Mori song «Chi non lavora non fa l'amore». Over the years, his songs have become more serious.
The supreme duty of the actor - to protest against injustice

In addition to musical activities, Celentano deals and cinema. In the 70s, he often appeared in films and his own films. He starred in four dozen films, and he began in 1959 with bit parts rock singers. From well-known films is a film by Federico Fellini, "La Dolce Vita" (1960). In these films, he plays himself - a fashionable singer, a rising star of the youth song. And of course, in his films, he sings. Over time, it becomes the main role, and movies do not have to do with music. An important turning point in the career of Adriano is a film "Serafino" directed by Pietro Germi. The picture shows a lyrical story of a simple village boy - a foolish, but having a kind and loving heart. In fact, this is his first major role in a film directed by the famous

"It creates an image similar to the characters of popular comedy - he is simple-minded and cunning, naive and wise at the same time" - Adriano talked about the famous director Pietro Germi, the creator of "Serafino" (1968). "In his work on the screen, he continues to develop the character of the hero of his songs, and most importantly - their nationality. He is so confident working on the set, so trying to understand all sides of filmmaking that I think it will soon become a director himself ».

In the '70s and early' 80s, and he constantly takes in films. He made several films: "Superograblenie in Milan" in 1965, "yippie-Doo" in 1975, "he Joan" in 1986. However, the chaotic eccentric opus Celentano-director did not enjoy great success.

While, for example, "The Taming of the Shrew 'grossed an astronomical sum - 19 billion lire, coming in second place in the general box office, and the first place among the Italian films. "Bingo Bongo" has collected 15 billion, and "Grand Hotel" Excelsior "(1982) - 16 billion lire, leaving behind many worthy examples of national cinematography.

However, after the "Taming of the Shrew", where Adriano starred with Ornella Muti, he started an affair with her. Five years darted between two women, Muti left for a husband, and later said that it was the most difficult period in his life. Children already teenagers when he asked one thing: that they did not quarrel and did not increase the chaos in the family. And then ashamed of what happened to him, though it was also love, nothing about her said, only one summed it up: his love for Claudia became stronger.

In 1979 he released an album Celentano Soli, to create for the first time collaborated with the popular Italian composer Toto Cutugno. The album stayed on the top of the Italian charts 58 weeks. In the Soviet Union the plate was published by "Melody". In 1980 Celentano released another studio album, which worked on the creation of Toto Cutugno, - Un po 'artista un po' no, then their cooperation has ceased. Despite this, they remained good friends. In total, especially for Celentano Toto Cutugno wrote thirteen songs.

In the late 80's popularity began to wane Celentano. In order to somehow regain its former glory, he started one of the leading Italian television his own show. In 1987, Adriano left the air with an evening program "Fantastico". Home was a success, so Celentano every Saturday for a long time Italy hosted celebrities from neighboring states. The show closed only because of the fact that Celentano interested in a new project - since 1999 with actress Francesca Neri, he started a music show program (Francamente me ne infischio). And already in 2001, the extravagant Adriano appeared on television with a new show, "125 million fantasies," which, incidentally, turned short-lived and controversial. A year later, the singer offers a channel Rai new project - show "Rock Politics" (»Rockpolitik & quot;) - and from the very first issues incurs the wrath of Silvio Berlusconi. The satirical "letter to the Prime Minister," the prime minister withdrew from itself, but this is what Adriano and achieved - by his own admission, politicians, he never loved.
I'm against the policy. Any policy. Without exception

In 1987 Celentano, together with Claudia Mori is the only time in the Soviet Union came to the premiere of his film "Joan Lui." Despite the fact that the singer suffers from aerophobia to the USSR, he made an exception, and flew on an airplane. The actor gave two concerts in Moscow in sports complex "Olympic", which became his first appearance after an eight-year break. Central Television recorded a TV version of the concert.

Even as a child, a boy, I always imagined Russia as a fairyland. It seemed that every home is fired oven, and gather around the inhabitants of the house to talk about that, about this. And outside snow. In the house of logs crackling in the stove, and invisibly present wisdom. That's how I always imagined Russia - the land, located in the center of the Earth, where even the war could not kill the idea of ​​Zion. And very glad that I came here and there to light your fire, because, apparently, from here begins the great fire, which will burn all evil.

In 1992, Adriano went back to the cinema, starring in his latest film to date - fi comedy "Jackpot", which acted not only as an actor but also as one of the authors of the script. The film received a very negative evaluation of critics and failed at the box office - with a budget of eighteen billion film has collected only 105 million pounds. This cinematic career Celentano ended. In an interview to a journalist's question about why Celentano has ceased to act in films, the actor replied: Yes tired. In addition, there is a good script that I liked. Better to let people admire in what great movies Celentano once starred, rather than start spitting - but that he is hungry or something, why has agreed to play in such a nightmare?

Since 2005, Adriano Celentano is a vegetarian and advocates for the rights of animals (in his own words, with the exception of insects). Celentano points to the following advantages of vegetarianism: health, impact on the industry of "Holocaust" conscious living beings, to announce that "not because of me, lambs and goats are slaughtered in slaughterhouses on Christmas and Easter».

B 2006, the son of Giacomo Celentano was born Samuel, now the only grandson Adriano and Claudia. By Adriano Catholic religion. Celentano interested in football and is a fan of Milan "Inter».

His house had everything we needed for a life of luxury swimming pool, lawn tennis court, football field, stables, a recording studio. My wife always sang Claudia single role - housewives and muse of her husband. Adriano She dedicated the song "The most beautiful couple on earth».

Adriano opened his own repair shop hours and spare time with great pleasure that he carried urgent orders.
The famous singer and actor very happy that he has the opportunity to live the life of an ordinary person, not a "star". In all his life measured and calm: goes to visit the neighbors, rides on public transport, shopping at the store, I love to spend time in the kitchen. Too much attention from fans and journalists began to withdraw himself from Adriano.

Adriano Celentano adores her three children: daughters Rosita and Rosalind and son Giacomo. When they were young, loving father for them transformed his villa in the zoo where there was a place for rabbits, chickens, cats, dogs, horses. Adriano himself baked sponge cakes for birthdays children.

Growing up in a family of well-known, it is not surprising that children dreamed of Celentano public glory. Rosita did not descend from the TV screens, sang, danced, acted in magazines. Rosalind also dreamed of becoming a movie star. The popular father helped the girls in their endeavors.

Rosita (I hope I'm not mistaken)

Rosalind

The son Giacomo was the profession of the designer, and then decided to take up music. He participated in the competition of San Remo. Success was not too great, but Adriano was satisfied:
The main thing is that he has a profession, and singing - it hobbi

I have two crafts - says Celentano. - One thing I learned in my childhood, I - Watchmaker. Sorry, did not take the instruments, and then repaired to someone's watch ... my second lesson - actor. This was the main thing. I take this craft to express what I believe in ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting