Facts about Betsey Johnson

August 10 to 71 years and always a smiling outrageous designer last 50 years. Betsey Johnson - an iconic figure in the world of fashion, never following fashion trends and create your own unique style. Yes, someone he seems too bright and flashy, like Betsy herself, but most connoisseurs of fashion long ago fell under the charm of her cheerful clothes and love her sincerity and an explosion of colorful in every sense of emotion. Style Betsy calling, bold, slightly avant-garde even for modern fashion. Although, as she says Johnson: I've never had a single brilliant idea. I just like to do things. The truth is that fashion is not really so much change. I'm still doing the same thing I was doing before. And indeed in the collections of the designer and today you can find something of "hippies", something of the "disco", and, of course, something quite extraordinary that it reflects the unique world of their creator smiling.

With its unusual design Betsy at one time made a real revolution in the fashion world, which, however, she is trying to make, and each in his new collection. As they say, if it were not for Betsey Johnson, it certainly should come up. Otherwise, the fashion world would be much too dim and the standard without it. A designer of vital energy can only envy, even a considerable age tireless Johnson does not prevent it at the end of each show to walk the catwalk wheel - this extravagant custom originated in the days of her wild youth. In honor of the birthday amazing Betsey Johnson and others we picked the most fascinating facts about her.

1. Since childhood, Betsy was dancing and most of all her inspired colorful and bright costumes of the dancers. So at the end of training she spent hours sketching their own dresses. The designer does not just accept that art and dancing most influenced her creativity and identity of its brand.

2. Betsey Johnson became one of the pioneers who used unconventional materials in their collections. Lurex, vinyl mesh and now no one is surprised, but only a few decades ago such amazing outfits from genuine materials caused a furor. In addition, the designer is constantly in search of creative and expands the boundaries of their original ideas. For example, a woolen fabric with stripes for their famous gangster costumes Betsy borrowed from baseball team New York Yankee.

3. Edie Sedgwick, love and muse of Andy Warhol, participated in shows Betsey Johnson as a model and in consequence is the face of her new boutique, which opened in the Upper East Side. It is in the clothes Betsy Sedgwick starred in his latest film, Ciao, Manhattan!

4. Now from Betsey Johnson dresses thrilled Rihanna, Paris Hilton, Katy Perry, but not everyone knows that in the past it was famous clients of such style icons as Brigitte Bardot, Twiggy and even Jacqueline Kennedy.

5. In 1966, the Betsey Johnson dress caused quite a scandal at the reception to the writer Truman Capote model Penelope Freeh had the dress, which was sewn from 4 strips of fabric held together with thin straps.

6. The most beloved of forbidden pleasures Betsey Johnson - is drinking champagne from a bottle of vitamin water.

7. At the end of the 1960s, Betsey Johnson, as well as almost all the advanced youth, was part of the hippie movement. Then she lived in San Francisco: one day I was kicked out of the perfume shop, I was a strong smell of patchouli. I just shoved the door. - Talks about his young designers.

8. Betsey Johnson owns a small hotel in Mexico. It has only a few rooms, designed for 8-10 guests, who painted in the designer's favorite color - pink - and furnished to its original taste.

9. The main muse Betsey Johnson whole life is her daughter Lulu Johnson. She constantly goes to the podium as a model and is actively involved in the development of the family fashion business.

10. My outfits like red lipstick ... with them you feel the beauty and exclusivity of life, dynamics, dreams and fantasies - lovingly says Betsy about their creations.

Tags

See also

New and interesting