The series "Cougar Town» (Cougar Town)

In the small town of Florida the center of high society is the school football team "Pumas» (Cougars), although this name is perfectly possible and to town (the word «cougar» in the United States refers to a woman at the age that sleeping with young boys), because here the darkness divorced women prowling in search of young men. Here and live Jules (Courteney Cox) and her son Travis. The 20 Jules did not walk guys, do not fall into their trap, respectively, not studying at such errors and to take on the care of marriage and the upbringing of his son. Now she is 40 and she will dive into the world of dating and youthful experiences, find themselves again, to shirk teenage son, and all that, to make a career. This will help the main character's best friend Ellie and colleague Lori.

Cougar Town (Cougar Town), 2009 - ????
Directed by: Michael James McDonald, Chris Koch, Gail Mancuso
Cast: Courteney Cox, Christa Miller, Busey Phillips, Dan Byrd, Brian Van Holt et al.
Producers: Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Danny Rose
Operator: Andrew Rawson
Screenwriter: Kevin Biegel, Bill Lawrence, Jessica Goldstein

Promotional photos:

Footage from the show:

Interview with Bill Lawrence (Bill Lawrence):
"Cougar Town" - is full of flies. Comedy series produced by Bill Lawrence - ingenious creator of the TV series "The Clinic» (Scrubs), «Friends» (Friends) and "Spin City» (Spin City). Creative attitude Lawrence and Cox began with the shooting of "Friends." Then Courtney was invited to play in an episode of "clinics" to see how they get along with Bill in daily teamwork. And an actress with an inimitable sense of humor became brutal boss in the series. It was a stunning dress rehearsal for "Cougar Town." TV channel ABC bought the rights for the whole season, and Lawrence and Cox received another batch of success on television.

Q .: You saw Courteney Cox brilliant comedian, while working in the "Friends».
A .: I still none the interview did not begin with such a direct statement.
Q .: Well, I do not like to wander around the bush. She played a couple of episodes of "clinics". You, as a creative person, immediately realized that it is suitable for the series "Cougar Town»?
A .: I have long know Courtney. I wrote the script for the "Friends" from the beginning. We were kind of ancillary figures for each other. We began to discuss the new comedy before its participation in the "Clinic».
Q .: Bill, you will be surprised at what connection there is between the audience and the protagonist Courtney "Cougar Town»?
A .: To be honest, I was very upset about this. Like Courtney, and I did not want to fail. I knew that people will check each item in the series. And I knew that, as elsewhere, there are its weaknesses. We tried not to be too superficial or obscene, for the sake of our people to see the show. And I'm very pleased with what we got. I think it's a good story for evening viewing: a woman of forty should behave as if it 20, because it has not developed a family life, and she was left alone. Courtney is in the center of all sorts of trials and tribulations. Now I see that the idea worked, and I'm so glad our success.
Q .: So, what are you talking about, especially seen in an episode of Happy Thanksgiving: dysfunctional family, the center of which is Courtney.

A .: I think it's great because it's so amazing. Probably, the whole series on it and held. She is also the executive producer, and knows how to expand the project to make it much more interesting than just the story of a 40-year-old single woman. It became much easier to write the script, as it has found different ways to interact with each character.
Q .: And the rest of the cast made their adjustments in the script?
A .: I was very lucky. Every successful writer owes a lot crew, actors and actresses. They come up with something very funny, how you never would have guessed. And when someone praises me, I was immediately reminded of them.
Q .: I immediately remembered Busey Phillips (Busy Philipps) ...
A .: Busey super talented. And you know it. That's what it amazes me that some people are very good at one thing, and Busey perfectly fulfills several different cases. I barely recognized her in the «ER». It was quite atypical for her role. Busey really talented.
Q .: It is a great navigator for Courtney in her new life.
A .: I like the idea of ​​two completely different girlfriends Courtney. Neighbor Dorothy embodies the old way of life the main character, to which it wants to return one day. And another friend has everything that Courtney had been deprived, and she wants to dive into the pool with his head.
Q .: After writing scripts for "clinic", "Cougar Town" and "Friends" you know exactly how to attract the modern woman, is not it?
Oh no! Who ever came up with this ?! I would say the opposite. At the beginning of my career, I wrote only about male friendship. It was my weak point. The principal in the "clinic" and "Spin City" were guys. Now, I grew up in this. I am married to Christa Miller for 10 years. During this time I had a good experience of family life, and now I'm surrounded by women who are smarter than me, and they control everything I do.

Q .: I know what you mean.
A .: Yeah. Hopefully, now I understand much better in a relationship.
Q .: If we consider the fact that the main character of "Cougar Town" - a woman, I think so. Now that you've grown as a writer in the first place inspires you to write scripts?
A .: And I have nothing else, and did not succeed. I had a choice: to become a writer, or paint the walls. In my life, I was engaged in both. I always liked to write. As a child I was obsessed with movies, cartoons and TV. If ever a writer of comedies will complain about you to your work, I allow you to strangle him. It's such a fun job. And I was very lucky, because I knew what I wanted to do since childhood. This was a great advantage to those guys who come to law school, not exactly decided who want to be in life.
Q .: That's right. Believe me, Faculty of Law was one of the options, and my parents, and I found myself almost there ... but I was saved by the written work!
A .: My parents were shocked that I'm going to Hollywood. But they supported me in my endeavors.
Q .: The last thing I wanted to know: how to work with Jamie Foxx, Michael (Michael J Fox)?
A .: Working with him - the best thing was for my whole career. I hope that in our time, the time of celebrities and athletes who overshadow everything, you can meet someone who will be as wonderful as you had hoped, you know what I mean?
Q .: Yes, completely.
A .: His ability to create amazing characters, just his charisma as a person - it's something I'll never forget. Experience of working with him made me a bit rude to people who are not interested in me at all. He's a great guy. And now it is much harder than when I was an actor.
Translation: AmanLu

Tags

See also

New and interesting