How to respond to an almost legendary BUSINESSMEN

If you are afraid of 20 incoming emails in the morning mail, imagine that feels the head of a huge company, which receives thousands of letters a day. This question on Quora discussion when discussing employees of corporations that know how to cope with the volume of letters most famous entrepreneurs in the world. H & F has translated the most interesting answers.

I worked at a very famous man, and my job was to just reading and sorting letters. On ordinary days, there were 800 somewhere in the eventful days of their number reached two thousand. As I distributed them:

- Personal e-mail me (mostly) immediately forwarded boss.

- Requests for an interview - a communications agency.

- Letters to the resume - a recruitment agency.

- Often falls to the Department of customer service.

- Everything related to the charity - a family foundation.

- Letters to the nudity of women in search of "patron" went to cart.

- Some of the letters fell to lawyers.

There were other destinations, as well as many exceptions to the rule. The latter included personal letters with jokes, politics, and other nonsense. This I missed on the condition that the person who wrote the letter was in the "closest" that is, is the wife, child, parent or best friend, boss. Letters from fans also got to the head, though, since I wrote "fish" of the future response. He always responded to such letters himself, answers were polite, but not meant to continue correspondence. Usually, he added a couple of suggestions to my piece. To letters of criticism, we also meet together. Messages full of hatred and threats, depending on the heating or fall into the basket, or to lawyers.

In most of the Fortune 500 have employees like me. Although the rules for dealing with mail, probably all different. In my case, it was this: if someone wrote to my boss, he knew that about any privacy can not be considered. I had access to absolutely every letter. I tried not to read personal letters, but sometimes at the request of the Chief I still had to answer them.

It was a strange relationship, I knew about his boss almost everything, and it is about me - just a little. This profession involves a high degree of confidence, not only in terms of confidentiality, but also in terms of decision-making. When we first started working together, he gave me a lot of guidance about how one should respond to a particular letter. Six months later, he began to trust me completely. 10% of my salary I got to work, and the remaining 90% - for the ability to make the right decisions. That's like me, decide to receive your letter boss or not. If you really really need to get a letter arrived at its destination, I suggest you make friends with his secretary. In our hands - the power.

Tags

See also

New and interesting