Nickelback-Saving Me

About the artist Nickelback
History «Nickelback» started in the small Canadian town of Hanna, which is 215 kilometers north of Calgary. At first, the band played covers of other bands inconspicuous. In the end, vocalist and guitarist Chedu Kroger is tired and he decided to write his own material. Begged my parents 4,000 dollars, he traveled to Vancouver, where his friend was a recording studio. In 1996, he caught up to him by his brother Mike, bassist and guitarist Ryan Picker. Do not waste time, the musicians in the same year recorded the first mini-album «Hesher», then swept concerts in his native Canada. The singer previously worked in advertising activities, working in a sports magazine, and decided to apply his skills to the promotion of the group. He asked his friends often call the radio station and order songs by «Nickelback».

This brought some fruit, but the progress is not as fast as we would like musicians. In 1998, the band parted ways with their managers because the guys decided that they themselves better to cope with their responsibilities.

Mike engaged in distribution, Chad was responsible for working with radio and Ryan took over the press relations. Gather up $ 30,000 musicians started recording the new album «The state». In January 2000, the album appeared on the shelves. Just this was the period when Canadians tired of the dominance of foreign groups and radio stations desperately sought domestic talents. The single «Leader of Men» just became that finding, have been waiting for. He «Breathe" hit the top ten in the mainstream charts. In support of his album "Nickelback" played a couple of hundred of concerts, performing in a company with such teams as the "Creed", "3 Doors Down", "Fuel", and others. Postgranzhevy sound of the band came to taste, and the record companies, it had made proposals for the contract from shtatovskih "Roadrunner", "Island", and the Canadian "EMI".

Meanwhile, the number of records sold "The state" has exceeded half a million mark. Many of the songs included in the next album "Silver Side Up" were written before the release of the first long play and tested live.

Chad Kroger decided to use the more explicit texts compared with metaphorical lyrics of the first releases. So in the song "Too Bad" Chad told about his father and Mike, who had abandoned their children to foster care mother. "Never Again" was also devoted to abandoned families. Sessions were held in the same Vancouver studio "Green House", which was the recording of the debut disc. The new album was recorded with producer Rick Parasara known for his work with "Pearl Jam", "Temple of the Dog". Mixing is engaged Randy Staub, who worked with "Metallica" and "U-2". Thanks to the participation of well-known personalities and the undoubted quality of the music material "Silver Side Up" hit the charts in many countries, bringing "Nickelback" worldwide popularity.

The greatest demand used the same single "How You Remind Me". This composition is repeated the success of "American Woman" Canadian groups "Guess Who", heading both the US and Canadian charts.
 - Attention! You do not have permission to view hidden text.
Nickelback Savin 'Me (Lyrics)
Prison gates will not open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin '
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can not hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin '
And oh, I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin ', I'm fallin'

Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing