Moscow is covered with a veil of smoke (35 pics)

If you ask people from pulling the smoke, now that the day of the dense veil shrouding Moscow and Moscow region, then there are many people who simply say "Shatura burns." However, spravdelivosti be accused of smoky troubles not the city itself, and Shutrsky district of Moscow region, with its rich reserves of peat. I decided to go on Shatursky peatlands and on-site to know how seriously, events there.

Covered with a thick pall of smoke I left Moscow by train, go with the Kazan railway station. Endpoint - Shatura. In this adventurous trip I was accompanied by a correspondent Nina Lytkarinsky city newspaper. It is worth to say that without her support and formal journalistic status this report would have looked very different.

I was sure that as you get closer to your destination smoke will become more pungent and thick. But the situation changed the other way around: a couple of hours to clear the path of the air and breathe easier. Really for some, the situation could change so drastically? Calls a friend to Vladimir. "Yes, that's just today, the smoke had cleared, and it was generally impossible to breathe. Now go through the city fire victims, help collect ».

Meanwhile, in Moscow ...

A couple more hours of travel, and we Shatura. The city air is much cleaner and more transparent Moscow. I see a parked taxi and spoke with a bored driver. "Peatlands? You stop Shaturtorf passed? Here you have to go there, but the city itself does not burn. " Decide to clarify information and approach to the old man waiting train. "Nothing there this Shaturtorf is off. I drove past - everything is normal there. Where off - I do not know. " One should understand that the light is on and where, and we decide porassprashivat taxi and go to the fire station. A young taxi driver Igor listens our questions and agrees to take first fire station, and then directly to the source of fire.

The first thing that caught my eye - in the yard was not part of the art, and exhausted people move between the buildings part of the Inland her yard. We were greeted warily, but knowing that we are of the newspaper agreed to the Deputy Fire Chief Shatura District. Mayor Valery A. Zhokin greeted us cordially, but immediately said he was not authorized to comment on the situation and are not allowed to give interviews. However, he told us, which currently are the main source of fire. There we can find the top management forces fire safety of MDM can learn the details of the situation. The next destination - urban village Shaturtorf, and from him - to the small village of number 15.

Along the way, our driver Igor told us some details of the life of the district. It turned out that 21 residents of the village, which also threatened to fire together protective moat dug in the village, and came with buckets and brooms to protect their homes. On both sides of the road through the gaps in the bush could see lakes - water-filled quarries, left over from the old peat workings.

Fire equipment are driven to Shatura from around the region

After half an hour the way we stumble upon the cork: it turned out that the police had blocked the road to the villages to passing gardeners do not interfere with the work of specialized equipment firefighters. But for us, as for the media, law enforcement officers have made an exception, and even suggested how to get in the thick of things.

Two hundred meters after the police cordon, we saw the first fire department, fire truck filling with water from a nearby lake. "We're working in two shifts, without peredyhu. Since yesterday afternoon already the second day on your feet. Here we eat. Here, when the time is there, right under the birch, sleep. " Approached the driver of a fire truck grimly said that now the technique here from around the region were driven and simply pour peat. And not because everything is so bad, but because the generals here. Several firefighters complain that their work covered during the water charge from the plane (FIHM other firefighters to extinguish told me that nothing in this terrible there - the water reaches the earth's surface in small drops, the soul can more rinse).

We continue to move forward. By the roadside stretch inflated water fire hoses. As it can safely determine which way to go: where is lit, it needs water.

Soon smoke increases, and we leave the straight road, over the right shoulder which land goes down dramatically - there randomly lying charred tree trunks and steaming smoldering peat. Igor warns us not to approach the edge - for him in mortal danger. Peat burning on the depth and can easily fall on the ground seemingly reliable. And if that happens, save the poor will be very difficult, almost impossible. "Look, see how the trees trunks singed bottom? Roots at a depth of burn and burn completely. Such a tree may fall at any time. Sometimes, such a tree falls on car, people »

The road towards the village 21. It is not stretched fire hoses, and thus the risk of settlement has not yet threatened.

Among firefighters meet the head of the Shatura District Andrei Davidovich Keller. In between the constant telephone calls he tells us that the fires lasted for forty-five days, burn 67 hectares of peatlands. To date, the flame was shot down, but still need to shed the peat, which continues to smolder at depth (according to the standards of suppressing one square meter of peat takes one cubic meter of water). In putting used more than 170 units of special equipment, as well as IL-76, Be-200 and several helicopters (aircraft refuels water in the suburban Ramenskoye).

Short moments of relaxation

Conference call from the scene

Fire IL-76

In the side of the road we see abandoned houses and decides to take them closer. To the village stretches fire hose, fire brigade resting nearby.

At one house we see an elderly woman. Approach and start a conversation. She says that before there was a settlement, and tepr all gone. There was only she, but another pensioner with bad legs. "I do not want to leave here, I'm happy here. And where do I go ».

Away from the zone extinguishing again we are faced with a police cordon, but this time no one stopped us and about what did not ask. Ahead - night quenching zone is closed to civilian traffic entry. Declared a state of emergency.

Tags

See also

New and interesting