Lonely Christmas, or the Story of an Old Woman, Whom Her Son Did Not Congratulate on the Holidays

If you've ever celebrated Christmas or New Year alone , you probably know how sad a holiday can be. It is especially sad if a person is left alone because of problems and quarrels in the family. But how to get through this moment and build relationships with loved ones?

Perhaps we will not be able to share with you a universal scheme for solving any family difficulties. On the contrary, we want to know your opinion on this matter. The heroine of our today's story found herself in a difficult situation, because of which she herself suffers. We hope you can give her some good advice.

New Year alone “I never thought that I would ever celebrate New Year alone. Before, everything was different: my parents were alive, my husband had not yet left for another, and the children were happy about any little things. And now they have grown up and are living their own lives. The eldest daughter has long gone abroad. And the son got married recently.

Although we live in the same city, we practically stopped seeing each other. All due to the fact that my daughter-in-law and I do not get along. Pasha introduced us last year, everything happened suddenly. But the first meeting was enough to start worrying. Julia acted as if I was her guest, and not vice versa.

Moreover, on the same day, this girl took the bathroom and spent at least 2 hours there, without even warning. And then it turned out that she had the nerve to use all my beauty products. Of course, I told my son everything. He only laughed it off, and then, apparently, told her everything.

A couple of days later, a lot of her jars appeared in the bathroom, which took the place of mine. Just think about it! And then Julia began to unceremoniously manage the kitchen. She took any of my remarks with hostility, they say, Pasha also lives here and allows her everything.

Problems with the daughter-in-law One day the son came home from work and said that he and Yulia were moving out. Apparently, I realized that I just can't stand it anymore. Six months later, the guys decided to get married. Their relationship developed too rapidly, but I could not do anything about it. After all, this is their life.

They decided not to make a noisy holiday. I came to the cafe to congratulate the young people, although I didn't really want to go there. There is a newly-made daughter-in-law, with whom we do not get along, and my ex-husband ... I did not want to attract much attention to myself, so I sat not far from the exit.

However, at some point my son and his wife came up to me to talk. The guys apologized for everything that happened in the past, and asked to forget the past grievances. I confess I did not expect this. My soul felt a little warmer. We hugged, and then I left without saying anything to anyone. And no one noticed this, I'm sure.

It is a pity that after this incident, our relationship did not improve. Pashka had a birthday, and he decided to borrow a car. I thought it would be great to give him a set of tools: it will come in handy in the future. But the daughter-in-law did not like it, she literally made fun of me, they say, why are they needed, the car is new.

My son stood up for me, but an unpleasant aftertaste remained. After that, I never came to visit Pasha and Yulia again. We began to meet very rarely, and Yulia preferred to simply ignore me. And recently, Pasha practically does not call me.

This year I spent all the holidays alone. Even my favorite Christmas! It is very painful to realize that, apparently, in the future it will be exactly the same. Maybe I need to somehow establish contact with my daughter-in-law? But how if she can't stand me, although she herself has a bad temper? "

From the Editor Communication between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law is a delicate matter. And, unfortunately, it does not always turn out the way people want it. Of course, it depends on both parties and the son in particular. But sometimes personal hostility is so strong that no soulful conversation will help.

I wonder if you have ever faced similar problems in your life? What advice would you give the main character of the story, who was left all alone for Christmas?

Tags

See also

New and interesting