Anna Larsson: Give up sugar if you love your child

White death.

No, I don't mean cocaine, we have to fight sugar .

It was in 2009, when my first daughter was born. We were at the 50th anniversary and, if I'm not mistaken, my daughter was 9 months old. Relatives wanted to treat her to buns and cakes, but I said no.

“But this is food,” they said.

Food? Since when did cakes, buns, pastries and other delicacies become food, I was surprised and insisted on my own.

When three months later we were visiting neighbors, they treated their daughter to ice cream. Ice cream! Everything inside me was boiling. She shouldn't get used to sugar so early, for nothing in her life!

The daughter grew up and turned into a very active little girl who loved to eat leaves and trees, as she called it. That is spinach and broccoli.

The younger sister was born in 2012, and as the pile of dirty laundry grew and the lack of sleep accumulated, sugar gradually made its way into our refrigerator.

Remember the movie Frozen? Nobody managed to avoid it. After all, children love "Frozen"!

And you can buy small sweet yoghurts with pictures from "Frozen" on the packaging - it is clear that the children want it.

"Please, mom, I really want yogurt with Elsa ..." (eyes shine). Ah, a little yogurt with the magic snow queen will not harm anyone. Or how?

Children are smart and adventurous, and we, parents, are not always able to resist them. I don't blame them, really.

This summer, the youngest daughter, who is already four years old, fell ill. I got really sick, with inflammation of the blood vessels, and we were very worried.

It has nothing to do with sugar, but if she ate more nutritious food and her immunity was stronger, maybe she wouldn't get sick?

We told each other that nothing like this would happen to our older daughter, because she eats much better. She eats everything we give her: vegetables, fish, seafood, poultry, game. I'm ready to try everything.

The youngest daughter loves everything white. Milk, flour and sugar. Pancakes with jam and whipped cream, ice cream, cakes, rice frutti rice pudding. Yogurt with Elsa, pasta - and, of course, ketchup.

Tired after kindergarten, she asks for cakes, buns, ice cream and, frankly, a little ice cream won't hurt anyone ... or what?

“She doesn't like potatoes,” she says and sometimes goes so far that we have to cook for her separately - just so that she at least has something to eat. Not a good idea.
Now she knows that if she doesn't eat, she will get pasta, or risi-frutti, if she is lucky. And she knows for sure that there is also the last way out - yogurt and muesli, and this is much tastier than potatoes.

One day she asked for candy and I said no. She was in despair and burst into tears: "Now you will never allow me to eat candy again!"

Well, everything, there is nowhere further - she already has an obvious sugar addiction and this is all my fault.

What the hell are we doing !? That's it, no more cakes and buns for snacks, no more ice cream after kindergarten.

A few days later I watched the documentary Children are Sweet as Sugar, and for me it was like a massive slap in the face - bangs, right in the face. In the film, we see a normal adult guy who does everything that children do: goes to kindergarten and eats the same food as children, only 2.5 times more. This is how many times adults consume more food than children.

For one week, he lived the life of children and ate baby food. One day he came to the pool and ate 2.5 ice cream, which corresponded to one ice cream that each child received.

He talked about how he felt, about his mood swings, about fatigue.

It's just like our youngest daughter - she is either the happiest or the meanest in the world. The mood changes a lot and she can get very upset about any reason.

Risi-frutti, sugary drinks and Elsa go to hell. She may have all of this damn "ice magic", but in the Larsson house, this magic is over.

Do you know how much sugar is contained in one "rice frutti"? Eleven pieces! Eleven! Now multiply by 2.5 ...

Two days pass and she turns into a completely different girl. She eats potatoes, vegetables and the same food as everyone else, with an excellent appetite. Almost every day she tells us: "This is the tastiest thing I've ever eaten."

We are even scared to look at her when she devours her food and licks the plate clean. As if she had new taste buds.

Mood swings have disappeared, she is more vigorous, more active, falls asleep easier and sleeps well all night.
The whole family is happy.

But how did we get here?

One thing is clear - the children are not to blame for this. They didn't choose that. It is the adults who must stand up to Elsa, who is screaming from all the counters. We must muster the courage and tell our mother-in-law or mother-in-law that we cannot give candy to one-year-old children.

Diabetes is growing like an avalanche, it used to be called "sugar disease" ... and there are reasons for this.

By the way, are you aware that researchers have seen how cancer cells absorb sugar and yeast?

Children are the best we have, and it is our job to give them a good start in life, with good food and an insane amount of love.

If you love your loved ones, hug them, give them a flower, but please send sugar to hell.

Wait, though, let's not exaggerate, a little sweets on Saturdays won't hurt anyone - or what? published

Author: Anna Larsson

PS And remember, just by changing your consumption - together we are changing the world! ©

Source: //lchf.ru/14778

Tags

See also

New and interesting