Never ask advice from someone you wouldn't want to trade places

Understand what it is you want and concentrate your attention

To achieve what you want much easier than it seems. The key to success is to understand what it is you want. Writer Benjamin hardy wrote how it can change your career and life in General.

"In April 2015, I seriously decided to become a professional writer. By the time I wrote the e-book "Slipstream Time Hacking" (can be translated as "How to hack time"), and would like to understand how to properly publish. At that time I just finished my web site, and the subscriber base has roughly been equal to zero.

I decided that my main helpers in this case will become literary agents. In the end, the publishing industry they know inside out – so it seemed to me, at least. After talking with 5-10 different agents, it has become evident that the answers to my questions it is better to look elsewhere.

Only one conversation was no exception. In order to negotiate with agents and publishers about something specific, the writer must already have a significant audience (in other words, the platform). One publisher I said that by the end of 2015 we want to recruit 5,000 readers to your blog. She said, "your situation is impossible. It takes a lot of time. You can search for the publisher only after 3-5 years. That is the reality".

"The reality for whom?" I thought, when I hung up.

In his book The Compound Effect (can be translated as "cumulative Effect") Darren hardy writes: "Never ask advice from someone you wouldn't want to trade places".

For somebody who's equal to you, depends on what you will achieve in life. If this person is not moving forward, you're standing on the spot, because your results reflect the results of your leader.

I've been thinking about words hardy and realized that I was asking for advice not those people who have had. Need to find someone who was where I wanted to go. Anyone can tell you a Ghost story. Receiving education, we mostly listen to the theory of people who "do things" themselves. Wrote George Bernard Shaw in the play "Man and Superman": "He who can – does, who cannot – teaches others." So it is here: every day published a lot of advice from those who in reality do not apply their knowledge in practice.

Unlike the theory, which will hardly help you to achieve a result, those who actually achieved something, I can give you practical advice (for example, name five things on which you need to focus and forget about everything else).

In most people's lives there is a place fatal irony. They do not fully understand what they want from life. Nevertheless, very active go to this", says writer Ryan holiday.

Most young people go to University, having no idea why. They patiently wait until someone else tell them what to do.They saw and understood too little to know what should be their ideal life. Since they have to distinguish bad advice from good?

Those, however, who knows what he wants from life, looking at the world very differently. We all selectively notice the things that interest us or inspire. For example, when you buy a new car, you begin to notice cars of the same model everywhere. How is that possible? You have not seen so many cars of the same model around. Our brain constantly filters out an incredible amount of information from the senses: sounds, smells, visual and other images.Most of this information, the conscious mind ignores.

Our attention focuses on what we care about. Therefore, some notice only the negative things when others see only the good.

Someone notices the people who wear t-shirts with names of bands, someone celebrates things associated with the sport.

Similarly, when you set a goal, it works like buying a new car. You start to see it everywhere – especially in the news section!

What you see around you?Perhaps this is the most accurate reflection of your conscious personality.

No matter what you want to achieve – this can come long and generally accepted by, or the use of rapid and innovative ways. The traditional career path is for those who does not think about his life. This happens when you allow others to dictate in which direction and how fast should develop your life.

Meanwhile, should you only understand what you want and to focus your attention you will immediately notice a simpler and faster solution. What could take you ten years of work in a traditional way, can be achieved in just a few months with the right information and the right attitude.

"Once the student is ready, the teacher will not keep you waiting," said the novelist Maybelle Collins.

When I seriously decided to become a writer, the advice of literary agents in any way did not help me. I was ready to get hints of people that have already achieved my goal. My vision was wider than the tips I received.

In may 2015 I found out about the online course guest blogging. He must have been added to my news feed based on my past queries. I paid $197, took a course, and after two weeks my articles have been published in several blogs on self-development.

Around the same period I listened to a podcast where the investor and public speaker Tim Ferris said: "One blog post can completely change the course of your career." It happened with him. The published article drew an incredible amount of traffic, which led to huge sales of his at the time latest book The 4-Hour Workweek ("a four-hour work week"). This wave hits led to the success of the book, and the rest, as they say, became a matter of technique.

When your mind is a long time considering any idea, you will do everything in my power to achieve it. The idea of "one blog post can change your career" has always been close to me. My subconscious influenced the consciousness and the reality around me. I wrote an article that really changed my career. To quote William Jones, the father of American psychology: "what possesses your subconscious mind, in the end, subject to you in reality." Thus, just two months after I said that to attract the audience it'll take me 3-5 months, I have reached the goal.

Honestly, I don't think it's entirely my achievement. In an era of skepticism and doubt, the child's belief in something can lead you to incredible results. Before sitting down to write another article, I give a vow to myself that my work will once again go beyond and imagine how my work will help people who need it.

Wrote the millionaire Napoleon hill: "You can do everything that you can imagine and may believe that in your mind".

You don't have to limit your imagination just because others do so. Again, what is important is what advice you follow and which people you listen to.

All you care about, influences you, especially in your subconscious. In the world there live many people who work and live on a transcendent level. If you are seriously focused on results, you find these people and start to think like them. You will be surprised how quickly your life will change.

You can create something that will completely change your career.

Your mind and your dreams will determine how big you choose to play. As said Peter Diamandis, founder of XPRIZE & author of Abundance and BOLD: "the Difficulty is that just before you will achieve a breakthrough in something, it often seems an insane idea. And to take crazy ideas very risky".

When you know what you want to achieve, you begin to see opportunities where other people would not have thought to look. You also have the courage to take up these opportunities and not to waste time. Then, what will you focus on, is getting closer. Courage is needed not only in order to say "Yes" but also to say "No". But if you can give up some opportunities, not realizing what you want? No. Like most people, you will inspire the kind of opportunity that will get you on the road.

But if you realize your goals, you're ready to say "no" to even the most tempting things, because in the end they only distract you from reaching your goals. Jim Collins in his book "good to great" "the"Unique opportunities" are irrelevant if you are in the wrong direction."

"A unique opportunity" (that is, those that disturb you) come across every day. However, the useful features will appear only when you understand what you want, and will be working on it. To do this, you will be surrounded by friends, whom you love, and mentors who will show you the fastest way.

Essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "once you make a decision, the universe considers it already accomplished". That's life. Once you understand what you want, you can stop listening to the advice from everyone.You can filter out excess noise and to use their own experience.

Eventually you will learn to focus your mind only on what is really important to you. Everything else will be ignored by your subconscious mind. Decide what you want, or you will do it for someone else. You are in control of your destiny. What's important to you?" published

Author: Benjamin hardy,translation: Alexey Zenkov

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: rb.ru/story/train-your-brain/

Tags

See also

New and interesting