Richard Branson: Communicate with those people who you want to be like

The founder of the Virgin Group Richard Branson has given valuable advice on how to succeed. Here is a translation of his notes.

All my life I try to surround myself with people who are better than me. I always wanted to spend with my parents as much time as possible in trying something they have to learn and just enjoying life with them. The same applies to my wife, children, grandchildren and family. These principles have guided me in the business world.

When I started my first business, I didn't know how to perform different types of work, but I was able to find people who deal with them. I had no talent for most activities, but I knew how to inspire people who have the necessary skills. I found the people that something was better than me, whether talented accountants, experts in search of young performers with vast connections, or experienced pilots and give them the support and freedom for further development. I learned from them and they from me. The division of responsibilities and work surrounded by great people — these are the basic principles for the development of Virgin.

To this principle it is possible to approach and on the other hand, if you think that it is better to communicate with those people who you want to be like. As said Jim Rohn (American speaker and business coach), each person represents an average of the five people he spends the most time. So if you want to be an active person who achieves the high goals, but his time with lazy people, not realizing your own potential, you just complicate your life.

This is one of the reasons why I love spending time with entrepreneurs. It does not matter whether I am a Foundation Virgin Unite, Virgin to visit offices, or meet with startups — for me there is nothing better communication with business people. Environment of like-minded people, which can make the world a better place, inspires great things.

Of course, the theory is based on Jim Rohn the law of averages. I never really believed in averages. Professor Todd rose's book, "The End of Average", wrote: "We need to understand that there is no such thing as an average man and cease to measure themselves by arbitrary rulers, not having any relation to human nature." We will never be able to become extraordinary if we continue to judge ourselves by the ability to fit into any standards.The world consists of unusual people, don't waste your time trying to be normal.

It is very important to communicate with those people you want to be like. To find them, you have to look everywhere. Look at the light and explore the world with people from different places to the maximum. If you remain within the family, work environment, your city or even country, you will not be able to achieve a lot. Expand your horizons, and you will succeed.published

© Richard Branson

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: rb.ru/story/branson-recommends/

Tags

See also

New and interesting