Richard Branson: Make friends with someone who is better than you!

Creator Virgin explains what people need to look for and what to strive.

I built my whole life on what surround myself with people who are better than me. I have always looked with admiration at his parents, siblings and wanted as much time as possible to spend with them, learn from them, laugh with them. The same applies to my wife, children, grandchildren and other relatives. But the same principle applies at work.

When I started my first business, a lot of things I did not know how to do, but I was able to find people who know how it is. I had no special abilities almost to nothing, but I knew how to interest people who have such abilities.

I have found the most intelligent accountants, the most knowledgeable music lovers, the most brilliant pilots - people who were better than me. I provided them with support and freedom, through which they can thrive. And I learned from them, and they with me. Delegation and the ability to find great people - these are the two Virgin growth support

It is possible to think in this way: communicate with people what you want to be yourself. As Jim Rohn said the coach, everyone - is the average between the five people with whom he spends most of the time. So if you want to be an active person, to achieve much, but your time spend with lazy people who do not need anything, you complicate your life.

Including why I love to communicate with entrepreneurs. When I travel around the world and working with our foundation Virgin the Unite, nanoshu visits to the company Virgin or meet with new start-ups, most of all I like to ask enterprising people.

And including why so many entrepreneurs come to us on Necker Island for events like Virgin Unite Leadership Gatherings. When you are surrounded by close-minded people who want to do something good for the world, it inspires all great achievements.

Of course, Jim's statement concerns the law of averages. I never believed in the averages. As noted by Todd Rose, in his book The End of Average, «need to understand that there are no middle men, and cease to measure themselves arbitrary units, which have no real basis in human nature." If we judge ourselves by our ability to fit anywhere, we will never be released. The world is made up of extraordinary people, so do not waste time and do not try to be normal.

It is important to communicate and coexist with people who are similar to your ideal. Look for them everywhere. Get outside and get as much experience of the world, and people from different countries as possible. If you limit yourself to the scope of the family, a narrow circle of friends, colleagues, city or country, you do not shine the really big achievement. Everyone benefits from the expansion of horizons.

Tags

See also

New and interesting