Automatism insight: the main problem with the unconscious

The not-knowing"there is No problem to find in the new ideas. The problem is, to drive out old" – Dee hock, President of Visa

People are creatures, constantly creating meaning from the surrounding nonsense. Because of the attention we have very little, then comes to the aid of our memory. She tells us where best to direct attention in a given situation, where it will do the most good. And where attention is not – it completes the image based on the available model of the world.

First thought on this was made in 1943 by Scottish psychologist Kenneth Crake (Kenneth Craik), who wrote that the brain creates models of reality. We all have a certain, steady views of the world. These views allow us to see things as we see them. People of one culture models of the world are similar.In a sense, culture is the model of the world.

Remember the story about the mechanic asked to fix the car, and he came and struck once with a hammer and the machine work? When he billed for $ 100 it does not understand – how is it in one blow with a hammer?Then he sent an itemized bill: a blow with a hammer – $ 1 knowing where to hit – $ 99. This is knowledge – this is the model. We know how this machine works and then we don't need to hammering everywhere. However, sometimes our models are... not that wrong. Any model is by definition wrong, since it is a simplification.Not good enough from the point of view of our goals. They are not doing what we wish they did. Worse, they prevent us from getting what we want. And then there is the need to change them. And this task is very difficult.

Imagine that you have poor eyesight and therefore wear glasses. Now imagine that on the earpiece you Unscrew the screw. You need to tighten. For this you need to remove your glasses. And without glasses you do not see the screw... In a similar situation is the person who decides to edit their models of reality.The question is – and, in fact, how to take them off? They're unconscious. We do not do them on purpose. They would... you happen.

Ironically, the main problem with the unconscious is exactly what his main strength is its automaticity. Very often, in situations of uncertainty and stress, when there is no time to think, we have triggered some old automaticities that we don't want that worked. For which we then feel ashamed.

As he said in his play "at the same time" Eugene Grishkovec: "did it not me! Did-then this is it! But after all-it's me... and ashamed that I..."

Sometimes that emerge at the most inopportune moment automatisms, was formed a long time ago, in childhood. It happens that in the age we vyuzivame something something then he takes it himself unlearn. What does this have to do... the Problem? Definitely. And not to learn.But to unlearn. But it is much more difficult. For three letters.

This problem is not new. In order to forget how to see themselves and the world in the old way, people have invented many ways. Most often, this used the procedure of entering a certain state, for which in different cultures and schools invented many names. The state of non-knowledge, integrity, non-duality,enthusiasm (Yes! it means "filled with theos", ie, divine), autentof ejnosti, congruence... This is only part of the possible synonyms. Bottom line is: this is the state when you.

Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Professor of psychology at the University of Chicago and author of "theory of flow", writes that in this state the Ego retreats. "Who comes?" you ask. Good question.

Some say that God comes. Some say Nothing comes. Yes, with a capital letter. I have no right answer. And I don't think it exists.

So, we started for the health, and finished... with mysticism and shamanism.You know, this is the case when I'm not too worried about the lack of response. I know that in this state you can log on using a fairly simple exercise, it is nice to be and each time it runs itself. I know that's I actually often get those responses that I wanted to. And where do they come from God, interplanetary mind or Super Ego – for me not so important. published

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind - together we change the world! ©

Source: www.newcode.ru/doku.php/tactics/not-knowing

Tags

See also

New and interesting