Deepak Chopra: the 5 principles of radical well-being

A new book by Deepak Chopra, "Perfect genes" (Super Genes), explains how changes in lifestyle can restart your health at the genetic level.

The purpose of this? To jump into the so-called "radical well-being".

But what does this mean?

Radical well-being goes beyond just good health, says Chopra from his California office. Is a condition in which your body is constantly full of joy and energy, the heart of love and compassion, the mind calm, alive and thinking, and lastly, and more importantly, life is full of lightness of being, serenity and joy. These qualities automatically lead to good body and state of mind.

Is it possible to live with all of the above while we are overwhelmed, process and feel stretched to the limit?

— I can only say that my life was just that, says Chopra. And I know people with the same experience — so anything is possible.

Deepak Chopra, who was nicknamed the "prophet of alternative medicine" — a physician trained neuroendocrinology of the science of the chemical processes in the brain. His work he devoted to the study of relations between physical and mental health.

Chopra himself makes good advertising. Next year he turns 70.

— I in shock — he says — because my biological age not more than 35 years.

He directs his inner youth:

• "good peaceful sleep every night;
  • a little meditation every day;
  • healthy emotions like love, compassion, joy, and peace of mind;
  • at least 10,000 steps a day;
  • and finally, good food.

Retired — if we're talking about his actual age wakes up at 5 every morning. He adheres to the Ayurvedic diet, was a staunch meat-eater, but now prefers vegetarianism with the addition of a small amount of seafood. He believes that "the worst enemy of any diet — inflammation of",so promoting products that compete with them — berries, tomatoes, ginger and turmeric.

Does he have any advice for parents who want to raise happy and healthy children?

— They will be five years or even ten, the children all follow their parents, says Chopra. — Children will not listen to what you say, but watch what you are doing. All this is happening due to the mirror neurons. We learn by imitating.

Let's be realistic. Trying to improve your fitness, nutrition, sleep and emotional state at the same time, it is possible to achieve surge. Well, then, what is a healthy habit that should be the priority?

— Give yourself a few minutes again and again throughout the day, says Chopra. — Just do something simple: watch the breath, for example. Well to start with this — in a very brief amount of time.

We finish the conversation, I wish him a good evening, no doubt, that it will be so. At Chopra ever a bad day?

I never feel stress, he says, and so it is in part thanks to a special ritual before going to sleep.

Every night I sit on the bed and remember the passing day — as if looking at the screen the movie with him starring. I've been doing this for about three minutes and then I say to myself: today is already becoming a sleep — in and let him go. I never kept — and therefore remain emotionally free.

A new book by Deepak Chopra, "Perfect genes" (Super Genes), explains how changes in lifestyle can restart your health at the genetic level.

5 principles of well-beingFood
  • The typical modern diet can easily cause inflammation, which subsequently can lead to various chronic diseases or obesity.

• To reduce the risk of inflammation, add in the diet of prebiotics — substances that protect the body from inflammation. For example, for Breakfast oatmeal with bananas, bran and fresh orange juice.

• Eat probiotics foods that contains active bacteria once a day for intestinal health. It can be active yoghurt, pickles or sauerkraut.

• Eat consciously — eat only when actually hungry and stop when you feel full.

• Reduce snacking to one-measured servings in a bowl; never eat directly from the container.

Stress
  • In the basis of chronic stress are usually based on three factors: repeatability, unpredictability and lack of control. Think about the dog barking outside your window: you don't know when it will stop, and you have no way to stop it.

• Reduce background noise and number of distracter at work. Also avoid multitasking: engaged in each moment of time something one.

• Leaving work on time at least three times a week and do not take work home. Let the office stays at the office.

• Avoid people that are similar to the sources of pressure and conflict. Even normal office behavior with his speculation and gossip is a source of stress including the threat of total emotional exhaustion.

• If you have hard to deal with negative emotions, ask your doctor to prescribe cognitive behavioral therapy.

Workout
  • The secret of exercise: continue and not stop. Better to keep the activity at a low level throughout life than in the Institute to approach the level of a professional athlete, and then completely stop training.

• At work, get up and move every hour and half lunch break will be devoted to the movement — even if it is a walk within the block.

• Spend more time in nature: walk at least 5-10 minutes three times a day.

• Get yourself more active friends and join their activities. Schedule joint trainings with friends or a partner twice a week.

• Treat the free time creatively think of something besides TV and the Internet.

• Voluntarily help those who need help with cleaning, painting and repairs. This will serve as your physical and spiritual growth.

Sleep
  • Make your bedroom dark as possible. If total darkness is impossible, wear a mask to sleep.

• Drink a glass of warm almond milk, rich in calcium and contributing to the development of melatonin — the hormone which regulates sleep cycles and waking.

• Experiment with herbal teas, responsible for a good night's sleep — chamomile, Valerian, passionflower, lavender or Kava Kava.

• Try Abhyanga — the technique of self-massage that uses warm sesame oil, gently rubbed into the arms, legs, neck and torso (view video tutorials on YouTube).

• Don't ignore insomnia. A number of studies associating sleep disorders with the occurrence of Alzheimer's disease and high blood pressure.

Emotions
  • Take responsibility for your feelings. Well-being depends on happiness, while many people do not see the connection.

• Write a list of five of some special pieces that make you happy, and every day do at least one of them.

• Set the "policy of good news" during a meal, whether in a station or the topics of conversation at the table.

• Remember situations in the past when you were happy, and learn from them, whether it is the resumption of old Hobbies or in contact with an old friend.

• Experience the delayed satisfaction — feel like your decisions will help you in the future feel as good as today.

Edited excerpt from the book "Perfect genes" (Super Genes) by Deepak Chopra and Rudolph E. Tanzi.published

Author: Amy Molloy
Translation: Yulia Isakova

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Source: miraman.ru/posts/avtor_bolee_80_ti_knig_po_samorazvitiyu_dipak_chopra_ya_nikogda_ne_oshushayu_stressa

Tags

See also

New and interesting