Always boiled beets only for salads, but this recipe changed my life!

Until recently, the beets I used only for salads and soup of course. But here came across a recipe that has expanded my culinary horizons!

Cupcake with nuts, spices and beets is as delicious as it is beautiful. Slightly moist texture and bright color make this crumb cakes like the legendary "Red velvet", and the combination of nuts and spices leave an unforgettable gastronomic experience.

Cupcake with oracleinstance
  • 3 boiled beets, medium size
  • 3 eggs
  • 150 ml yogurt or low fat sour cream
  • 200 g of sugar
  • 50 ml vegetable oil
  • 75 g flour
  • 200 g semolina
  • 150 g of walnuts
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch ground cloves
  • butter for greasing forms

Cooking
  1. Boiled (or baked) beets RUB on a grater with small holes.
  2. Walnuts put in a bag and you with a rolling pin. They can also finely chop with a knife.

3. Eggs and beat with sugar until bubbles, add vegetable oil, yogurt (you can use also yoghurt, liquid cream).
  4. A mound in the liquid flour, semolina, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of ground cloves. Also add grated beets and chopped walnuts.
  5. Form for baking grease with butter and flour precipi. Pour the dough. Bake the cake at 180 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Readiness check with a wooden toothpick or a match.

6. Let the cake cool slightly in shape, then gently pull. Decorate with icing sugar and bring to the table!

Not everyone dare to such an experiment, but the dish in this case, is indeed commendable. A gorgeous gift to February 14 turned out! My collection of recipes gained another wonderful dish from beets.

Share this wonderful recipe with your friends!

The author

Marina Artemova Loves to photograph the beauty of nature, enjoys handmade. Son Vanya had taught the mother to cope with any household tasks effortlessly: Marina knows how to get the most stubborn stains and to clean the house in minutes. Interested in the most acute, various life issues, never remain aloof from what actually matters! Favorite book Marina — "gone with the wind" by M. Mitchell.

Tags

See also

New and interesting