Matt ruby: Technology we are not saved. They eat us alive

American producer and comedian Matt ruby has published in his blog on Medium, reflections on why many modern technologies and it-products taken away from people all the free time, although they were originally designed, to release him.

In his opinion, employment leads to a weakening of personal ties between people, and advertising modern brands it promotes.

"Today, everyone needs a job" — so attractive to new drivers is service Uber. Then in the video sounds cheerful music, and the stylish guy behind the wheel starts moving to the beat, showing to all kind that is really fun.

And I'm not funny. Are they really trying to make the phrase "second job" sounded attractive? "This is not a second job, a side job." At this rate, we'll all start saying that people with bipolar disorder have "adverse person."

And what happened to our culture that we've accepted as fact that everyone needs to work at several jobs: to be a taxi driver, to take every square inch of space in the apartment, or be a errand boy that stands in line for tickets instead of another person? And because we believe that this is "progress".

In the old days all this was a good indication that your life is going downhill. Now this means that you are part of the "sharing economy".

Remember the days when technology promised to save us? "All of these devices save us time, which means we will become more effective," thought we. And now all constantly complain about their employment. Technology we are not saved. They eat us alive.

Technology take back all the time, which was released with their appearance. Unrestricted capitalism will not return you the time, freedom or peace. Because of him people have to work up a sweat for a couple of cents below the report for the fourth quarter looked quite attractive for shareholders.

It companies say about themselves as the heroes recall all of their arguments about "changing the world". So far, all they do is chew technology for affluent white guys 20-30 years old, who grew up and moved to the big city, but still looking for an app which could replace a mother:

• "Mom picked me up from soccer" — that's you Uber.
  • "Mom washed my clothes" — here's Flycleaners.
  • "Mom cleaned my room" — here's a Handy.
  • "Mom bought groceries" — that's you Blue Apron.
  • "Mom was cooking dinner" — here's Seamless.

People from the Valley have even invented a name for this phenomenon — "mom-those". It turns out that some programmers ignoramus trying to dictate to us how to live. And if we are talking about Seamless. I hate advertising this service delivery Lunches in the new York subway, where they make fun of those who prepare own meals and cut all city residents with the same brush.

The service seems to say to us:

• "Prepare only loafers or provincials".
  • "You hate to see other people."
  • "You know the name of your courier and as your neighbors will not."
  • "As long as your friends-Hicks post pictures of children, you can upload pictures of your dinner".
  • "You don't need to use the kitchen, so you can lease it".

And I am sure that this is intended as a combo of creativity and the desire to show that the service understands what living in new York. But it creates the atmosphere of a horrible dystopia where completely destroyed communication between family, friends and community. All the things that really matter.

"Satisfy your desire not to meet people. Seamless — so eats new York". Signature of the author: "This is service, or call to arrange a school shooting?"

It's an endless wheel of capitalism in which we are forced to run technology, bringing to the brink of insanity. published

Author: Matt Ruby

Also interesting: Gadgets are killing your personal life

Technology makes us stupid

Source: vc.ru/p/sharing-apocalypse

Tags

See also

New and interesting