Tobacco Steve: I listen to others but trust yourself

Do not copy Richard Branson is not going to help.

About what it means to be a winner in business, says renowned entrepreneur, consultant and author Entrepreneur Steve Tobacco.

Recently I was talking to a absolutely brilliant young entrepreneur (I am his mentor), and it occurred to me that most startups and small business owners have a vague idea about what it means to be a winner. So they follow the example of Richard Branson, Mark Cuban and people like them — they are trying to understand how a successful person thinks.

Unfortunately,the way of thinking is just the beginning. The long-term success relies on the ability to listen to your intuition, no less, and even more than the ability to reason. It is based not so much on understanding yourself, how many relationships with others. Success is primarily the experience and quality of execution, not great ideas. Success is the ability to do and not to dream.

And success begins with attitudes that determine your behavior. The installation of a successful person is the installation, encouraging action. Here these installation.If I'm not the best, the best — someone else Everyone is talking about how important it is to love what you do. But if you are only one person out of thousands that do the same thing the same way you can't like the results of their actions. The passion is a good start. But this is only the beginning. To be a winner, you must be the best in the business.

I listen to others but trust yourself Success is just the ability to make the right decisions. Information is power, but today, by and large, all have access to the same information, so the rules of the game are relatively equal. Yes, it is useful to be surrounded by the best, real leaders, but when you're the boss, at stake — your own success. So trust your own intuition.

It makes no sense to tell people what they want to hear More clicks, more followers — they want it all. Everyone is afraid to offend others or seem negatively disposed. Why so many people set out and post useless, empty, mindless, utopian tips and reasoning. Your value — to tell people the truth, especially when they don't want to hear the truth.

Ideas that I do not perform, do not exist for me Ideas are just thoughts. They are for everyone. The content is just the idea in paper or electronic form. All generate them. The only difference is that you really do. That you are doing. That you give to others. Everything else is just verbiage.

If everyone is doing it, do otherwise Why would a man who wants to be a winner, to plunge into social media and digital marketing? And so engaged each counter. You can't win that way — you only long zasyadet in the trenches of this war. If you use the same tools as everyone else, and doing exactly what they are — you are no different from the rest. And to the point.

Following the other, I give up the chance to be a leader Call it what you want — a tribe, herd, flock, crowd, organization, company, — but always in front is one man, one leader. You can be that person or someone else. There is nothing wrong to be a follower. But if you are a follower and consider myself a leader, you are deeply mistaken.

Clients damn the concepts and content they value real-world solutions In business, by and large, one fundamental concept: to sell products and services needed by customers. Therefore real success comes to those products and services that best satisfy the most serious, the most painful problems of the people. Big problem + solution = big win. Remember this equation.

I do not like my achievements are Not so many business books are really worthy of reading. But the book of Mark McCormack's "What they don't teach in Harvard business school" is worth reading. McCormack says a key trait of Champions — their "deep dissatisfaction with their own achievements." And the truth is, from success alone.

Lose — it sucks All around assert that failures are great. But that's only because defeat hurts. If it is painful, then you can see what went wrong, have something to learn from this and never repeat that mistake. You will become stronger and wiser. But this does not happen, if the lesion is not painful for you. Do not be afraid to fail, but it is not necessary to confuse it to win: your goal is not to lose, and to win.

Do this trick during the week and you will see what happens!Success is no secret: 25 inspirational quotes

I might put fifteen or twenty of these reasons, but the main idea is this: your units have value only when they prompt you to action. Victory is action. published

Author: Steve Tobacco

Source: ideanomics.ru/articles/5210

Tags

See also

New and interesting