False hustle: how permanent employment reduces productivity

Being busy is easy — it's hard to be productive. Raise your hand if you spend your days answering one urgent letter after another; spend hours in your administrator tasks, rearranging things in an attempt to increase returns; half a day doing tidying up old files or looking back at the past week, you realize that, despite all efforts, cannot with certainty name any of the completed job.

Bad news for those who recognize yourself: are you a victim of false vanity.

I also once was. Everyone at some point fall into the trap of meaningless Affairs. This happens unintentionally in the end of the day you need to do a lot of work — but deceptive vanity can destroy the business goals and above all our motivation. That's what I mean about effort, and how to avoid them.

What about vanity?The term "lying vanities" appeared in baseball. When a player makes the leap from dagaut in a distant part of the field, and then abruptly changes direction in the direction of a rolling or flying ball, it is pointless to fuss. Essentially, it wastes energy and does a great job, but in the wrong place. Not where it is needed. Here's my modified definition of a false fuss is zatrachivaniya forces on jobs the performance of which absolutely would not promote the purposes.

You can't know what is about vanity, and what is not, if you do not know your objectives for the year, quarter, month and even week. Many hours a week we spend to achieve their goals, so we need to optimally use this time. You and I both know that those hours pass quickly regardless of whether you administer design Agency, working as a developer in the web-interface or occupy any other office.

So when we aimlessly rushing — that is amenable to bustle about, we do loss goals out of sight is more likely. And when we are missing, our motivation goes down. Suffice it to say that life brings more joy, when we have something inspiring.

Dodging about the hustle and moving forwardIf we analyze the major goals, we see that they consist of strategies and tactics. At the end of the week if you worked productively and were not time-consuming and unproductive task, you have to look for complete business and refer them to the tactics or strategies to achieving goal.

How can you accurately determine whether you are moving in the right direction? All I'm doing is asking yourself a few simple questions at 16:00 on Friday.

• What I accomplished this week?
  • We moved I'm on my way to the goals of the month/quarter? How?
  • What can I do in this direction next week?
Then I highlight the next 7 days. Literally, it means that I look in Google Calendar and "book" periods of time (e.g. 10 am to noon on Monday) for specific tasks relating to General tactics and strategy, and, above all, to achieve the objectives of next week. For me it is a simple way to keep moving forward.

As if I should have to spend their time?This applies not only to company owners and freelancers. The whole idea of avoiding false hustle works best when used by all members of the firm. Each large firm has a greater purpose, the ideology that motivates the whole team to work.

This applies to developers who have set a goal to learn something new — to try a different solution for another effective CMS-based website. This method is suitable for designers using the downtime to acquire new skills or create for free distribution of something that can benefit society and to raise the prestige of the store. It will also be useful for any team member who considers himself entitled to ask the question to the Director General/ Director/other Manager, if he feels that he is asked to do a job, not promoting business forward.

In the end, each of us useful questions about how we need to spend time to follow great and inspiring concept. And then act according to the answers received.

Also interesting: Brian Tracy: Start your day off right

What makes successful people in the last 10 minutes of your working day

All this does not mean that we should not engage in such menial work, like replying to emails or cleaning the coffee machine. It also needs to be done and, perhaps, it greatly helps us to achieve their goals. But too easy to deceive ourselves, putting the equality sign between employment and productivity.published

Author: Jeff Archibald
Translation: Vyacheslav Davidenko

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/mbaconsult/blog/290116/

Tags

See also

New and interesting